SCT '61 Photo Index
Thomas Bros
Port Talbot based independent operator

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. CAP205
Thomas Bros., Port Talbot operated this Bristol K5G, CAP205, with ECW OH30/26R body which had been new to Brighton, Hove & District in 1940 and passed to Thomas in March 1960.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1969
2. CAP205
Thomas Bros., Port Talbot CAP205 was a Bristol K5G with an Eastern Coachworks OH30/26R body which had been new in 1940 to Brighton, Hove & District, being acquired by Thomas in 1960.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
3. GNY764
Malta Y-0312, an A E C Regal III built in 1948 with Debono B40F bodywork from 1963. Formerly registered GNY764, this had been new to Rhondda Transport of Porth and carried Longwell Green bodywork. It was withdrawn in 1958 and sold to Thomas Bros of Port Talbot, for whom it ran until 1960. In Malta, it was to become DBY312 and then EBY484 and was operated by Raymond Buttigieg of Paola.
Photo taken 1990s, Bus Station, Valletta, Malta
4. MTG172
Thomas Bros MTG172 is an AEC Regal IV 9821S from the fleet of Thomas Bros, Port Talbot. She was built in 1953 and has a Burlingham coach body.
Photo taken Sunday 6 May 1979, Itchen Bridge, Southampton
5. NNY56
Llynfi, Maesteg 94, NNY56, was a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weyman B44F body which had been new to Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen at their garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Llynfi Garage, Maesteg
6. NNY60
Llynfi, Maesteg 99, NNY60, was a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weyman B44F body which had been new to Thomas Bros., Port Talbot.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, outside Llynfi garage, Bryn
7. NNY62
Port Talbot and Aberavon never had a municipal operator, local services being provided by Thomas Bros. Their Leyland single decker NNY62 is on its way to “Housing Estate” (was there only one?). A pre-war car and a very business like Foden lorry follow. NNY62 was new in 1954, a Leyland Tiger Cub PSUC1/1 with a Weymann B45F body.
Photo taken Station Road, Port Talbot
8. NNY63
NNY63, a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Saro B44F body was in the fleet of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen in the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
9. NNY70
Ex-Thomas Bros., Port Talbot Leyland Tiger Cub NNY70 with Saro B44F body on driver training duty at Neath after takeover by South Wales.
Photo taken Tuesday 3 August 1971, Neath
10. NNY71
A batch of eighteen Leyland Tiger Cubs were purchased by Thomas Bros. in 1954. Nine were Weymann bodied and nine carried Saro B44F bodies and NNY71, seen here at the garage in the blue-green livery, was typical of the latter.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1969, Thomas Bros Garage, Sandfields
11. PTX198
Thomas Bros., Port Talbot PTX198, seen at the garage, was one of four Leyland Tiger Cubs with Weymann B44F bodies new in 1955.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1969, Thomas Bros Garage, Sandfields
12. PTX198
PTX198, a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weymann B44F body was in the fleet of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
13. TTG3
TTG3, a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weymann B44F body, was in the fleet of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen at their garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
14. VTX7
VTX7, a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weymann B44F body was in the fleet of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen in the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
15. XNY10
XNY10, a Leyland PSUC1/1 Tiger Cub with a Weymann B44F body was in the fleet of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot and was seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot
16. 120LNY
Two Harrington C41F bodied AEC Reliances entered the Thomas Bros fleet in 1961, one of which, 120LNY, is seen at the garage.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1969, Thomas Bros Garage, Sandfields
17. 128WNY
AEC Reliance 128WNY of Thomas Bros., Port Talbot, seen in the original blue-green livery, was one of three with Marshall B53F bodies new in 1964.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1969, Thomas Bros Garage, Sandfields
18. DNY131C
Thomas Bros., Port Talbot DNY131C was an A.E.C. 4MU3RA Reliance with a Weymann DP49F body.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Western Avenue, Port Talbot
19. HTG182D
Seen at their garage is Thomas Bros., Port Talbot HTG182D, a Leyland Panther Cub with a Strachans B47F body.
Photo taken Sunday 11 June 1967, Garage, Acacia Avenue, Port Talbot