SCT '61
Samuel Ledgard Operator Index

Photo © Brendan Smith. Please do not re-post without permission.

West Yorkshire DAW4, NCY455, an AEC Regent V with Weymann H33/28R bodywork, storms up the hill at New Park in Harrogate.
The vehicle was new to South Wales Transport as its 464 in 1956, and was acquired by Samuel Ledgard in January 1967. Following West Yorkshire's takeover of the Ledgard business in October 1967, DAW4 was one of only fourteen "Sammie's" vehicles to be retained, and had the dubious honour of being the last vehicle to operate in Ledgard livery, before eventually succumbing to WY red and cream.
Upon withdrawal in 1969, DAW4 along with its three ex-South Wales/ex-Samuel Ledgard siblings (DAW1-3: MCY405/408; NCY453) found further service with Smith's of Reading, where they also received platform doors.

Photo taken by Brendan Smith, 1969, Skipton Road (A59), New Park, Harrogate

©1969-2024 Brendan Smith All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
West Yorkshire RCC ...
Fleet Photo Index
South Wales ...
Fleet Photo Index
Samuel Ledgard ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: wydaw4a. Page and photo added May 2024
Cookie policy