SCT '61 Photo Index
Hebble
More details at Local Transport History Society Histories

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. CP7577
Hebble 113, CP7577, an Albion PM28 built in 1929 and rebodied B30F by ECOC in 1934.
Photo taken 1934, Lowestoft
2. JX5729
Barton 628, JX5729, a Leyland TD5 with a Roe L27/26R body, new as Hebble, Halifax 151 in November 1937, was acquired in November 1950 and entered service in March 1951.
Photo taken Sunday 10 May 1959, Chilwell
3. GRR311
Hebble 1, GRR311, was a Leyland PS1 with Weymann B33R body, one of two (GRR 311/2) delivered to East Midland Motor Services in 1946. They were found to be too tall and were sold, without being operated, to Hebble in January 1947.
Photo taken Sunday 19 August 1956, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
4. GRR311
In the yard at the Wilmslow Road, Manchester premises of the dealer Cowley is seen GRR311, Hebble 101, a Leyland PS1 new in 1946 with a Weymann B33R body. It was one of two new to, but believed not operated by, East Midland as they were too tall.
Photo taken Saturday 23 May 1959, Wilmslow Road, Manchester
5. JX9106
Former Hebble JX9106, is the preserved AEC Regal I which was converted to a Recovery Vehicle. It dates from 1946, but only the front portion hints at its original Weymann body.
Photo taken circa 1966, Woodall Services, M1
6. JX9106
Hebble towing lorry 4, JX9106, converted from an AEC Regal single decker. JX9106 was new in 1946 as fleet number 181 with a Weymann B35R body - it was withdrawn from normal service in 1955
Photo taken 1950s, Walnut Street Garage, Halifax
7. JX9106
Hebble's towing wagon 4, JX9106, an AEC Regal I 0662 originally new in 1946 as bus 181 with Weymann B35R bodywork, it was withdrawn in 1955 and rebuilt in this form by Spen Engineering Ltd. utilising the original two rear bays and dome of the original body to form a crew cab, then fitted with a dropside body behind. It was withdrawn in 1970, being replaced by a Bedford RL, passing to Tony Blackman for intended restoration by 1971. It subsequently passed to David Hoare of Chepstow for a while before returning to Blackman family ownership. A recent photo on the internet claims it is shown being towed away from Halifax to its 'new owner'.
Photo taken August 1970, Godley Lane, Stump Cross, Halifax
8. JX9829
Hebble 18, JX9829, was one of fifteen AEC Regals with Roe B32F bodies new in 1947 and it is seen here in Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford with one of the Willowbrook Royal Tigers behind and West Yorkshire vehicles in the "other half" of the bus station.
Photo taken Sunday 29 July 1956, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
9. JX9818
This Windover C33F bodied Leyland PS1 was one of three new to Hebble in 1948 and was numbered 5. It was renumbered 13 in June 1957 and JX9818 is seen here in the West Yorkshire Coach Station on Wellington Street, Leeds.
Photo taken Thursday 12 September 1957, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
10. BCP828
Hebble 19, BCP828, a Willowbrook DP33F bodied Leyland PS2/3 is seen in leafy surroundings at Stonegate Road Circus, Leeds. It had been numbered 41 when new in 1950 and became 19 in June 1957, being further renumbered to 184 in June 1958 and to 133 in August 1960.
Photo taken Saturday 6 July 1957, Stonegate Road Circus, Leeds
11. BCP829
Great Yarmouth 17, BCP829, was a Leyland PS2/3 with Willowbrook B33F body new in 1950 which was acquired from Hebble in September 1962.
Photo taken Sunday 11 October 1964, Caister Road Garage
12. BCP829
Leyland PS2 BCP829 is being used here by Wallasey Welfare Department. It appears to have been modified for one man operation while still in PSV use and has later been modified somewhat at the rear, possibly in connection with fitting a wheel chair lift.
Photo taken Wallasey
13. BCP829
A busy day at Lower Mosley Street Bus Station in Manchester sees Hebble 185, BCP829, departing on the X12 service to Bradford. This was a Willowbrook DP33F bodied Leyland PS2/3 new in 1950 as number 42, becoming 20 in June 1957, 185 in June 1958 and finally 134 in August 1960. After withdrawal in February 1962 it passed to Great Yarmouth as number 17 entering service in October. It passed in May 1965 to Wallasey Corporation Welfare Department and was rebuilt to B17FL.
Photo taken Monday 18 May 1959, Lower Mosley Street Bus Station, Manchester
14. BCP830
Seen at the Walnut Street garage in Halifax is Hebble 186, BCP830, the last of six Willowbrook DP33F bodied Leyland PS2/3s new in 1950. Originally numbered 43 it was renumbered 21 in June 1957, 186 in June 1958 and was repainted into the bus livery in 1958. It was again renumbered to 135 in August 1960 and was withdrawn in February 1962.
Photo taken Sunday 4 January 1959, Walnut Street Garage, Halifax
15. BJX675
Hebble 47, BJX675, a Willowbrook B43F bodied Leyland Royal Tiger seen here in Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford. It was the first of six similar buses new in 1951.
Photo taken Sunday 13 May 1956, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
16. BJX676
Hebble 148, BJX676, seen leaving Burnley Cattle Market Bus Station was a Leyland PSU1/11 Royal Tiger with a Willowbrook B43F body new in 1951. Passengers will change on to a double-deck AEC Regent at Halifax to continue their journey to Leeds.
Photo taken Sunday 14 September 1958, Cattle Market Bus Station, Burnley
17. CCP224
Hebble Motor Services 54 CCP224 is a Leyland Royal Tiger PSU1/15 with Leyland C41C bodywork new in September 1951. Renumbered in 1957 to 26 it served Hebble until October 1964 before passing via Cowleys of Salford to Wimpeys for a further two years.
Photo taken 1951, Savile Park, Halifax
18. CCP228
Seen leaving Chester Street Bus Station in Bradford on a Blackpool Express service is Hebble 58, CCP228, a Leyland C41C bodied Leyland PSU1/15 Royal Tiger new in 1952. This was the last of six delivered in 1951, the latter four not entering service until March 1952.
Photo taken Sunday 13 May 1956, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
19. CCP227
Hebble 57, CCP227, was one of six Leyland C41C bodied Leyland PSU1/15 Royal Tigers which is seen in the West Yorkshire Coach Station on Wellington Street, Leeds.
Photo taken Saturday 9 March 1957, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
20. CCP227
Loaded for a Huddersfield Express service from the Coliseum Bus Station in Blackpool is Hebble 29, CCP227, a Leyland PSU1/15 Royal Tiger with a Leyland C41C body new in March 1952.
Photo taken Saturday 22 August 1964, Coliseum Bus Station, Blackpool
21. CJX68
 Hebble, Halifax 267, CJX68, an AEC 9613A Regent III with a Willowbrook L27/28R body is seen in Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford.
Photo taken Monday 5 June 1961, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
22. CJX71
Hebble 270, CJX71, one of four 1952 Willowbrook L27/28R bodied AEC Regent IIIs, new as number 70, seen at Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford.
Photo taken Sunday 23 March 1958, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
23. CJX66
Seen in New York Street outside Leeds Central Bus Station is Hebble 65, CJX66, a Leyland PSU1/13 Royal Tiger with a Weymann B44F body. Whether a car jumped the traffic lights or the Royal Tiger's vacuum brakes were ineffective I forget but the bus driver and car driver are obviously exchanging words while the passengers are delayed on their journey to Todmorden.
Photo taken Saturday 11 August 1956, York Street, outside Leeds Central Bus Station
24. ECP205
Hebble had four Bellhouse Hartwell Landmaster C37C bodied Leylands and the first of these 33, ECP205, a Leyland PSU1/16 Royal Tiger new in 1954 is seen here on the Chorlton Street coach park in Manchester. When new it was numbered 71, being renumbered in June 1957.
Photo taken Saturday 11 October 1958, Chorlton Street Coach Park, Manchester
25. ECP206
Hebble had four of these Bellhouse Hartwell bodied Leyland Royal Tigers new in 1954 and 34, ECP206, a PSU1/16 with a C37C body is seen at the Coliseum Bus Station in Blackpool.
Photo taken Saturday 22 August 1964, Coliseum Bus Station, Blackpool
26. ECP499
Hebble Motor Services 73, ECP499, is a Leyland Royal Tiger PSU1/15 with Bellhouse Hartwell C37C bodywork. New in June 1954 it was later renumbered 35 and was withdrawn in October 1966 passing to F.Cowley, Salford.
Photo taken 1954, Savile Park, Halifax
27. TKM328
New to Maidstone & District as CO328, TKM328 had become Hebble 28 when seen at their Walnut Street garage in Halifax.
Photo taken Sunday 8 September 1968, Walnut Street Garage, Halifax
28. PWX333
Hebble, Halifax 42, PWX333, seen at Wembley Stadium, was a Commer Avenger III with a Plaxton Venturer III C35F body which had been new to Ripponden & District in January 1956.
Photo taken Saturday 9 May 1959, Wembley Stadium
29. GJX847
Rear view of Hebble GJX847, an AEC Regent V with MCW H33/28R (27ft) new in 1957. Fleet number 601, but originally 83, re-numbered 301 from 1957 to 1970.
Photo taken c. 1971, speeding towards Bradford on Wade House Road, Shelf
30. GJX847
A rear view of Hebble 601, GJX847, an AEC Regent V D3RV with Weymann 'Orion' H33/28R body, new in 1957 as 83, renumbered 303 three months later, and 601 in 1970.
Photo taken Sunday 28 February 1971, Bus Park, Cross Field Bus Station, Halifax
31. GJX847
Lower saloon interior of Hebble 601, GJX847, an AEC Regent V D3RV with Weymann 'Orion' H33/28R body, new in 1957 as 83, renumbered 303 three months later, then 601 in 1970.
Photo taken Sunday 28 February 1971, Hebble Garage, Walnut Street, Halifax
32. JCP672
Hebble 306, JCP672, a 1958 Weymann H39/32F bodied AEC LD3RA Regent V seen in Crossfield Bus Station in Halifax. When new it was numbered 304 but after a serious accident when it ran out of control due to brake failure and overturned when about one month old it was rebuilt by Weymann and renumbered to 306.
Photo taken Sunday 14 September 1958, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
33. JCP673
Hebble 305, JCP673, seen in Chester Street Bus Station at Bradford has the white radiator surround to indicate that it is a highbridge vehicle. New in 1958 it was an AEC Regent V with Weymann H39/32F body.
Photo taken Sunday 18 May 1958, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
34. KCP890
Hebble Motor Services 188, KCP890, an AEC Reliance 2MU3RV with Willowbrook B43F body, new in 1959.
Photo taken Saturday 10 September 1960, Westwood Bus Station, Scarborough
35. KJX751
Hebble 10, KJX751, an AEC Reliance with Plaxton C41F body, new in 1959, seen here while on hire to Wallace Arnold
Photo taken 1965, Donisthorpe Street, Leeds
36. KJX754
Hebble 654, KJX754, an AEC Reliance with Willowbrook DP43F body, new in 1959 (originally numbered 190).
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
37. LJX198
Hebble Motor Services 307, LJX198, a 1959 AEC Regent V 2D3RA with Weymann body. The white front was used by the company management to remind drivers not to enter the unrebuilt part of the Hebble depot at Walnut Street in Halifax
Photo taken Sunday 12 October 2008, Bolton Abbey Station
38. LJX198
Hebble Regent V 307, LJX198, at the Piece Hall in Halifax on 25th October 1992.
Photo taken Sunday 25 October 1992, Piece Hall, Halifax
39. LJX198
Hebble LJX198, an AEC Regent V with Weymann H39/32F body. Taken on the occasion of an enthusiasts' tour; started life in 1959 as Hebble 307.
Photo taken Wednesday 9 September 1981, Leeds Bus Station
40. LJX201
Hebble 612, LJX201, an AEC Regent V with MCW H39/32F body, new in 1959. Original fleet number was 310.
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
41. LJX201
Lower saloon interior of Hebble 612, LJX201, an AEC Regent V 2D3RA with Weymann H39/32F body, new in 1959 as 310, and renumbered in 1970.
Photo taken Sunday 28 February 1971, Hebble Garage, Walnut Street, Halifax
42. 5876W
Hebble 657, 5876W, a Leyland Leopard L1 with Burlingham DP41F body. New to Sheffield JOC 'C' fleet as 1176 in 1960, it passed to the 'B' fleet in 1967 as 3076, becoming Hebble's 161 in early 1970, being renumbered 657 later that year.
Photo taken February 1971, Somewhere on Stiperden Moor between Mereclough and Blackshaw Head!
43. EHD968
Hebble 3, EHD968, an A E C Reliance 2MU3RV built in 1960 with Harrington Cavalier C41F bodywork, new as Yorkshire Woollen District 854.
Photo taken May 1972, Redcar Racecourse
44. EHD968
Seen in Leeds Bus Station operating the X32 to Sheffield is Hebble, Dewsbury 3, EHD968 - with an immaculate destination display.
Photo taken Tuesday 18 April 1972, Leeds Bus Station
45. EHD970
Hebble 5, EHD970, an A E C Reliance 2MU3RV built in 1960 with Harrington Cavalier C41F bodywork (UW 6tons 8cwt 3quarters). This had been new as Yorkshire Woollen District 856.
Photo taken May 1972, Redcar Racecourse
46. EHD976
Hebble 11, EHD976, an AEC Reliance with Harrington C41F body, new to Yorkshire Woollen District in in 1960, joining Hebble in 1970 with fleet number 434 and renumbered as 11 in November 1971. Seen here in the rough parking ground in Barnsley, adjacent to the bus station, which was often used as an overflow area.
Photo taken June 1972, Barnsley
47. MCP819
Hebble MCP819, an AEC Reliance with Harrington Cavalier C41F body, new in 1960. Originally numbered 45 but at the time this picture was taken, it had been renumbered 512 and re-liveried for stage carriage work.
Photo taken early 1971, Shelf
48. MCP821
Hebble MCP821, an AEC Reliance/Harrington Cavalier C41F coach, new in 1960 and photographed during Hebble's last week. Originally numbered 47 and supposedly renumbered 514 in 1970 but carrying fleet number 55 when photographed on stage carriage duty.
Photo taken c. 1971, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
49. NCP475
Hebble 614, NCP475, an AEC Regent V 2D3RA with Metro Cammell H39/32F body, new in December 1960 as 312 and renumbered 614 in 10/70.
Photo taken February 1971, Bradford Road, Stump Cross, Halifax
50. NCP382
Hebble 192, NCP382, an A E C Reliance 2MU3RV built in 1961 with Park Royal B43F bodywork.
Photo taken December 1970, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
51. NCP382
Hebble 192, NCP382, an A.E.C. 2MU3RV Reliance with a Park Royal B43F body is seen at the Coliseum Bus Station in Blackpool.
Photo taken Saturday 22 August 1964, Coliseum Bus Station, Blackpool
52. NCP383
A Park Royal B43F body was carried by Halifax Joint Omnibus Committee 319, NCP383, an AEC 2MU3RV Reliance, acquired from Hebble 193, which is seen in Crossfield Bus Station.
Photo taken Monday 19 April 1971, Crossfield Bus Station
53. 7552MX
AEC Renown demonstrator 7552MX pictured while on loan to Hebble from late June to early July 1964.
Photo taken June/July 1964, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
54. 7552MX
AEC Renown, 7552MX, demonstrator at Queensbury on a Hebble Halifax Bradford service, whilst on loan to Hebble
Photo taken June/July 1964, Queensbury
55. HHD348
Hebble 443, HHD348, a Leyland Leopard with Plaxton C49F body, new in 1962 to Yorkshire Woollen District, joining Hebble in 1970. Renumbered as 14 in November 1971.
Photo taken 1972, Derby
56. HHD348
Hebble, Wakefield 14, HHD348, was a Leyland PSU3/3R Leopard with a Plaxton Panorama C49F body seen at Westwood, Scarborough.
Photo taken Friday 17 August 1973, Westwood, Scarborough
57. PCP405
Hebble PCP405, an AEC Regent V with Northern Counties H38/27F (27ft), of 1962 delivery, fleet number 617, but originally 279.
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
58. PCP405
Hebble Motor Services 617, PCP405, was a 1962 AEC Regent V with Northern Counties front entrance bodywork, numbered 279 when new and renumbered in 1970, seen on the last Saturday of Hebble's existence.
Photo taken Saturday 20 February 1971, Queen Street, Leeds
59. PCP406
Stott's PCP406 was new as Hebble 280 and later renumbered 618. It worked the last Hebble stage carriage journey on 20th February 1971. It was an AEC Regent V MD3RV with Northern Counties H37/28F bodywork.
Photo taken about 1973, Mumps, Oldham
60. PCP735
Hebble 52, PCP735, a Ford Thames Trader with Duple C41F body new in 1962, seen here on hire to Wallace Arnold.
Photo taken 1965, Donisthorpe Street, Leeds
61. PCP803
Hebble 195, PCP803, an Alexander B43F bodied AEC Reliance rounds a tight bend whilst climbing New Shaw Lane over the Pennines towards Blackshaw Head on the route from Leeds to Burnley.
Photo taken Tuesday 27 October 1964, New Shaw Lane, Blackshaw Head
62. PCP803
PCP803, Hebble 195, an AEC Reliance with Alexander B43F body descends through Mereclough on its way to Burnley on the service from Leeds.
Photo taken Tuesday 27 October 1964, Mereclough
63. RCP131
Hebble 100 and 101, RCP131 and 132, AEC Reliance with Willowbrook B53F of September 1962 delivery. Forlorn and unloved outside the Walnut Street depot, these were the first 36 footers in the district and were barely nine years old when the photograph was taken.
Photo taken early 1971, Walnut Street Garage, Halifax
64. RCP237
Hebble 619, RCP237, a Regent V with Northern Counties H39/32F body, new in 1962 with fleet no. 314.
Photo taken late 1970, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
65. RCP237
Another shot of Hebble 619, RCP237, a Regent V with Northern Counties H39/32F body, new in 1962 with fleet no. 314.
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
66. RCP237
Rear view of Hebble Regent V 619, RCP237.
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
67. RCP237
A rather sad picture of two former municipal AEC Regent Vs awaiting their fate in the withdrawn pool at Leeds Bramley depot.
Photo taken Sunday 26 September 1976, Bramley Depot, Leeds
68. RCP237
Rear offside view of Hebble 619, RCP237, a Regent V with Northern Counties H39/32F body, new in 1962 with fleet no. 314.
Photo taken Dec1970 - Mar1971, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
69. JHD830
Hebble 29, FJX171E, a Plaxton bodied AEC Reliance, and 17, JHD830, a Plaxton bodied Leyland Leopard, once operated by Yorkshire Woollen District, and both are on Yorkshire Pool services which used Barnsley as an interchange.
Photo taken June 1972, off Eldon Street, Barnsley
70. RJX872
Hebble RJX872, a Leyland Leopard with Plaxton C47F body, new as fleet number 72 in 1963, renumbered as 572 in 1970 and as 19 in November 1971. Seen here in the rough parking ground in Barnsley, adjacent to the bus station, which was often used as an overflow area.
Photo taken June 1972, Barnsley
71. SCP562
New to Hebble in 1963 as their 102, SCP562, was this Willowbrook bodied Leyland Leopard. It passed to Yorkshire Woollen in 1971 when Hebble were wound up. It is seen in its new colours as YWD 159.
Photo taken Thursday 24 August 1972, Dewsbury
72. SCP565
Hebble 685, SCP565, Leyland Leopard PSU3/1R with Willowbrook B53F body, one of a batch of four new in July 1963, originally numbered 105.
Photo taken early 1971, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
73. 280HLC
Hebble 81, 280HLC, seen at the Walnut Street garage was an A.E.C. 2U3RA Reliance with a Duple Northern Continental C51F body new to Global, London.
Photo taken Sunday 8 September 1968, Walnut Street Garage, Halifax
74. 350HWE
Hebble 622, 350HWE, an AEC Regent V with Park Royal H38/32F, new in 1964 to Sheffield "C" fleet as no. 1150, passing through Northowram on the way to Halifax.
Photo taken early 1971, Bradford Road, Northowram
75. AJX410B
Hebble 619, RCP237 alongside 621, AJX410B, an AEC Regent V with Weymann H40/30F body delivered in 1964 and by the time this picture was taken repainted in anticipation of the takeover by Calderdale JOC.
Photo taken late 1970/early 1971, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
76. AJX410B
Hebble 621, AJX410B, an A E C Regent V 2D3RA built in 1964 with Weymann H40/30F bodywork.
Photo taken December 1970, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
77. AJX410B
Hebble 621, AJX410B, an AEC Regent V 2D3RA with Weymann H40/32F body, new in November 1964 as 316, being renumbered 621 in October 1970. It had originally been intended for it to be registered TCP904, but this was cancelled when the new year suffix system came into being.
Photo taken February 1971, Bradford Road, Stump Cross, Halifax
78. KHD904
Hebble 21, KHD904, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3R built in 1964 with Plaxton Panorama C49F bodywork, new as Yorkshire Woollen District 941.
Photo taken August 1972, Westwood, Scarborough
79. TCP899
Hebble 573 (formerly 73), TCP899, was an AEC Reliance with an Alexander C49F body dating from 1964. Sometime in the early 1970s it passed to City of Oxford/South Midland to become their 17.
Photo taken c.1966, King Street, Leeds
80. TCP900
TCP900 shows evidence of being with the Hebble fleet before being purchased by Silver Service, Darley Dale. This 1964 example of an early "Y type" looks rather "Bald " without the more familiar destination layout in subsequent deliveries.
Photo taken Friday 20 April 1973, Matlock Bus Station
81. TCP901
Primrose Valley TCP901, an AEC Reliance 590 2U3RA built in 1964 with Marshall B51F bodywork.
Photo taken August 1976, Primrose Valley Depot
82. TCP902
Black Prince originally used a green livery as exemplified by this shot of TCP902, a Marshall bodied AEC Reliance that had been new to Hebble as their 107 in 1964. It came to Black Prince from Yorkshire Woollen in 1975 and was sold to Irvine of Law in Scotland one year later
Photo taken Wednesday 30 June 1976, Lower Wortley, Leeds
83.
Hebble's Bedford RL towing wagon carrying trade plate 103CP with a body utilising mainly Harrington Cavalier parts recovering one of the ex-Sheffield Regents, seen at Stump Cross where the roads from Leeds and Bradford to Halifax converge about a mile from the town centre.
Photo taken early 1971, Stump Cross, Halifax
84. BJX131C
Hebble 131, BJX131C, an A E C Reliance 2MU4RA built in 1965 with Park Royal DP39F bodywork.
Photo taken December 1970, Chester Street Bus Station, Bradford
85. BJX132C
Caelloi Motors BJX132C a 1965 AEC Reliance/Park Royal DP39F, originally Hebble 132.
Photo taken Wednesday 24 August 1977, Pwllheli Bus Station (Maes)
86. BJX54C
Hebble Motor Services 54, BJX54C, was a Ford Thames 570E with Plaxton C41F bodywork purchased in 1965. One of a handful of lightweight coaches purchased betwwen 1962 and 1965, subsequent coach purchases reverted to mainly AEC Reliances.
Photo taken either 1968 or 1969, Coliseum Coach Station, Blackpool
87. DJX18D
Yorkshire Woollen District 518, DJX18D, an A E C Reliance 2MU4RA built in 1966 with Duple Commander II C41F bodywork. New as Hebble 18 and renumbered 518 in 1970 and finally becoming 26 in November 1971. This may still have been in Hebble ownership when photographed.
Photo taken September 1971, Dewsbury Bus Station
88. DJX351D
Hebble 625, DJX351D, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX with Northern Counties H44/31F body, new in 1966 and the only rear-engined bus bought new by Hebble. It was originally numbered 351.
Photo taken early 1971, Shelf
89. DJX351D
Hebble 351, DJX351D, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX with Northern Counties H44/31F body, new in 1966 and the only rear-engined bus bought new by Hebble.
Photo taken Queensbury, Bradford
90. DJX76D
Hebble DJX76D, an AEC Reliance with Alexander C47F of 1966 delivery, fleet number 576, but originally 76.
Photo taken c. 1971, Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
91. DHD240E
Hebble, Dewsbury 45, DHD240E, seen in Wakefield Bus Station, had been new to Yorkshire Woollen District and was a Leyland PSU3/4RT Leopard with a Plaxton Panorama I C45F body.
Photo taken Tuesday 18 April 1972, Wakefield Bus Station
92. EHD526F
New to Yorkshire Woollen District 411, EHD526F, a Leyland PSU3/4RT Leopard with Alexander C49F body had passed to Hebble 51 when seen passing through Chesterfield.
Photo taken Friday 14 April 1972, Beetwell Street, Chesterfield
93. FJX171E
Hebble 29, FJX171E, a Plaxton bodied AEC Reliance, and 17, JHD830, a Plaxton bodied Leyland Leopard, once operated by Yorkshire Woollen District, and both are on Yorkshire Pool services which used Barnsley as an interchange.
Photo taken June 1972, off Eldon Street, Barnsley
94. FJX171E
A second shot of a line up of coaches including Hebble 29, FJX171E, a Plaxton bodied AEC Reliance, and 17, JHD830, a Plaxton bodied Leyland Leopard, once operated by Yorkshire Woollen District, both are on Yorkshire Pool services which used Barnsley as an interchange.
Photo taken June 1972, Barnsley
95. MHL227F
Hebble 35, MHL227F, a Bedford VAM70 with Plaxton Panorama I C45F body seen at William Street Coach Park, Scarborough had been new to West Riding 27 in 1968.
Photo taken Thursday 3 August 1972, William Street Coach Park, Scarborough
96. GHD414G
Hebble, Dewsbury GHD414G, seen in Victoria Coach Station, still with the "Yorkshire" fleetname from its Yorkshire Woollen District days, was a Leyland PSU3A/4RT Leopard with an Alexander 'Y' C45F body about to operate to Halifax via the M1.
Photo taken Saturday 5 June 1971, Victoria Coach Station
97. KJX2G
Hebble 502, KJX2G, an A E C Reliance 6U2R built in1969 with Alexander Y C49F bodywork.
Photo taken August 1971, Bus Station, Halifax
98. KJX2G
KJX2G, an A.E.C. 6U2R Reliance (12 metre) with an Alexander 'Y' C49F body had been new to Hebble, Halifax but is seen in Pontefract Bus Station with West Riding, Wakefield who numbered it 271.
Photo taken Tuesday 18 April 1972, Pontefract Bus Station
99. KJX3G
Hebble KJX3G, an AEC Reliance with Alexander C49F body, new in 1969. It was originally numbered 3 but by the time this picture was taken, it had been renuumbered 503 and was being used on stage carriage work.
Photo taken early 1971, Cooper Lane, Shelf
100. KJX3G
OK Motor Services acquired KJX3G, an AEC Reliance 6U2R with Alexander DP53F bodywork, in October 1975. It had been new to Hebble, 3, in May 1969 with C49F bodywork. The following year it was renumbered 503 and passed to West Riding in August 1971 who numbered it 100; three months later it was again renumbered, this time to 272. On withdrawal in February 1975 it passed to North's from whom OKMS purchased it. It had been re-seated as above by the time it entered service in April 1976. Safe in the knowledge that it wouldn't suffer any more identity crises as OK didn't go in for anything as vulgar as fleet numbers, it gave sterling service until withdrawal in February 1982; it was used for spares and the remains went to Blacket's of Butterknowle for scrap.
Photo taken 1976, Middleton Road, Woodland, County Durham
101. LJX819H
Crosville ELL519, LJX819H a 1970 Leyland Leopard PSU3A/4RT with Plaxton C47F bodywork originally Hebble 419
Photo taken Saturday 27 June 1981, The Ferry P.H., Shotton
102. MHD770L
Hebble 60, MHD770L, was a Leyland Leopard PSU3B/4R with a Plaxton C47F body dating from 1973. This batch of six coaches were the last to be purchased by Hebble before the takeover on 1st January 1974 by National Travel (North East) in whose ownership it is seen. It continued to bear the Hebble name until 1975.
Photo taken July 1974, Crich Tramway Museum