SCT '61 Photo Index
Farsley Omnibus
More details at Local Transport History Society Histories

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. DUB926
DUB926, Leyland TD4c/Roe H31/25R new in December 1936 as Leeds 72 had the torque converter removed in June 1937 along with the rest of the batch (66-75) between then and December, and a conventional gearbox fitted.
Photo taken Saturday 8 December 1956, Lowfields Road, Leeds
2. KUM849
Farsley Omnibus Company's KUM849 was a Roe H33/28R bodied Daimler CVD6 seen in Leeds Central Bus Station on loan to Kippax Motors. It had started life in 1947 with a Wilks and Meade C33F body in the Wallace Arnold fleet. It was rebodied in November 1952 with the 1950 Burlingham FC33F body from NUA783 and was again rebodied in March 1957 with the new Roe body featuring the two step entry to the platform, whereupon it was transferred to the Farsley Omnibus Company.
Photo taken Saturday 1 June 1957, Leeds Central Bus Station
3. KUB695
KUB695, a Daimler CVD6 with Roe B35F body was new to the Farsley Omnibus Company in 1948 as fleet number 8.
Photo taken Tuesday 6 November 1956, Pudsey Bus Station
4. MUB433
Farsley Omnibus was a Wallace Arnold subsidiary operating a stage carriage service from Pudsey to Horsforth, near Leeds. MUB433, a Daimler CVD6, was originally built for Wallace Arnold with a Wilks & Meades coach body in 1949, then given a second-hand Plaxton coach body in 1954, before being rebodied as a double-decker by Roe in 1957.
Photo taken 1968, Bagley Lane, Farsley
5. MUB433
Farsley Omnibus MUB433 was a Daimler CVD6 of 1949 with a Wilks and Meade body in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet. In 1956 it was given a new Roe H33/28R body and transferred to the Farsley subsidiary.
Photo taken 1965, Pudsey Depot
6. MUM458
MUM458, a Daimler CVD6SD, started life with a Wilks & Meade C33F body in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet in 1949. Having been transferred to the Farsley Omnibus Company subsidiary in November 1954 it was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body in January 1956. It is seen here at the Richardshaw Lane garage in Pudsey before entering service with the Roe poster still in the window.
Photo taken Sunday 5 February 1956, Richardshaw Lane Garage, Pudsey
7. MUM458
Starting life with a Wilks & Meade C33F body in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet in 1949 MUM458, a Daimler CVD6SD, was transferred to the Farsley Omnibus Company subsidiary in November 1954. It was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body in January 1956 and is seen here at the Richardshaw Lane garage in Pudsey not yet having entered passenger service.
Photo taken Sunday 5 February 1956, Richardshaw Lane Garage, Pudsey
8. MUM458
Farsley Omnibus MUM458, was another former Wallace Arnold Daimler CVD6 coach of 1949 which was given a new Roe bus body in 1956.
Photo taken 1966, Donisthorpe Street, Leeds
9. MUM459
Farsley Omnibus MUM459 was a Daimler CVD6 starting life as a Wallace Arnold coach with a Wilks & Meade body in 1949. In 1956 it was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body and entered service with subsidiary Farsley Omnibus on the 1st January 1957.
Photo taken 1968, Town Street, Horsforth
10. MUM461
Kippax & District Motors MUM461 was a Daimler CVD6, originally with a Wilks & Meades coach body built in 1949 for Wallace Arnold. In 1956 it was fitted with this Roe H33/28R body for operation with sister company Farsley Omnibus.
Photo taken 1965, Selby Road, Halton, Leeds
11. MUM461
Initially carrying a Wilks & Meade C33F body in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet in 1949 MUM461, a Daimler CVD6SD, was transferred to the Farsley Omnibus Company subsidiary in November 1954. In January 1956 it was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body and is seen here in Robin Lane at the Pudsey terminus of the route to Horsforth Old Ball taking up service for the first time replacing LUB547, a Roe B35F bodied Daimler CVD6SD new in 1948 to the Farsley Omnibus Company, Stanningley.
Photo taken Sunday 5 February 1956, Robin Lane, Pudsey
12. MUM461
MUM461, a Daimler CVD6SD, started life with a Wilks & Meade C33F body in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet in 1949. Having been transferred to the Farsley Omnibus Company subsidiary in November 1954 it was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body in January 1956.
Photo taken Sunday 5 February 1956, Richardshaw Lane Garage, Pudsey
13. MUM459
Farsley Omnibus MUM459 was a Daimler CVD6 starting life as a Wallace Arnold coach with a Wilks & Meade body in 1949. In 1956 it was rebodied with a Roe H33/28R body and entered service with subsidiary Farsley Omnibus on the 1st January 1957.
Photo taken 1968, Pudsey Bus Station
14. WUM49
Farsley Omnibus WUM49 was a Leyland Tiger Cub PSCU1/2 with Burlingham 'Seagull' body. Starting life in 1956 in the Wallace Arnold coach fleet, it was down-rated to a bus (B43F) in 1961, using seats from a Rotherham trolleybus, and transferred to the Farsley subsidiary.
Photo taken 1964, Wallace Arnold's Saynor Road Workshops, Leeds
15. 909EUM
Farsley Omnibus 909EUM was a Leyland PD3A/1 with a Roe H41/32RD body dating from 1963. It is seen making a maintenance test run around the Wallace Arnold depot perimeter and passing the notoriously unreliable (and broken when seen) coach wash.
Photo taken 1967, Wallace Arnold Gelderd Road Depot, Leeds
16. 909EUM
Farsley Omnibus (like their fellow Wallace Arnold subsidiary Kippax & District) operated these smart Roe H41/32RD Leyland PD3As. 909EUM, a PD3A/1, entered service in 1963.
Photo taken 1967, Wallace Arnold Gelderd Road Depot, Leeds
17. 909EUM
When Wallace Arnold sold it stage carriage subsiduaries to Leeds in 1969, no vehicles were involved in the deal. 909EUM, a 1963 Leyland Titan PD3A/1 with smart Roe bodywork, went from Farsley Omnibus to Stonier of New Chapel in Staffordshire and is seen in Stoke on Trent in 1977.
Photo taken 1977, Hanley Bus Station, Stoke-on-Trent
18. 833KUA
Seen with Wallace Arnold subsidiary Hardwick, Snainton is 833KUA, a Leyland PSU3/2R Leopard with a Plaxton Highway DP51F body which had been new to another Wallace Arnold subsidiary, Farsley Omnibus Company, in 1964.
Photo taken Wednesday 19 April 1972, Westwood, Scarborough
19. 833KUA
Farsley Omnibus Company was acquired by Wallace Arnold in 1956 and they added 833KUA to the fleet in 1964. It was a Plaxton Highway DP51F bodied Leyland PSU3/2R Leopard, this rear view being taken at the Horsforth terminus of the route from Pudsey.
Photo taken Monday 26 October 1964, Horsforth
20. HNW366D
Farsley Omnibus HNW366D, a 1966 Leyland Titan PD3A/2 with Roe bodywork moved to Hardwicks of Scarborough when the Farsley operation was sold by Wallace Arnold in 1968. Some 25 years later the bus reappeared in Leeds in the ownership of well known Morley independent Black Prince.
Photo taken 1994, York Street, Leeds
21. HNW366D
The last new bus delivered to Farsley Omnibus was a Roe bodied Leyland Titan PD3A/2 HNW366D which was transferred to Hardwicks of Scarborough when the business was sold in 1968. In the 1990s it surfaced in the fleet of Black Prince the well known Morley independent. It is seen here with FTF702F, formerly 8 in the Ramsbottom UDC, a Leyland Titan PD3/4 with East Lancs body.
Photo taken 1995, Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum