SCT '61 Photo Index
East Yorkshire
Fleet List 1926-1941

Fleet List 1942-1967

Fleet List 1968-1986

More details at Local Transport History Society Histories

Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. RH8930
East Yorkshire 261, RH8930, a Leyland Tiger TS6 built ca 1934 with ECOC C28R bodywork.
Photo taken ca 1934, Lowestoft
2. RH8930
East Yorkshire 261, RH8930, a Leyland Tiger TS6 built ca 1934 with ECOC C28R bodywork. An official interior view showing the standard achieved in the 1930s for the coaching public.
Photo taken ca 1934, Lowestoft
3. ERH362
Astill & Jordan, Ratby 6, ERH362, had been acquired from Lloyd, Nuneaton in June 1958 and was a Leyland TD5 with a 1948 Eastern Coachworks H28/26R body of the Beverley Bar style which had been new as East Yorkshire 368 in 1938. It originally had an Eastern Coachworks body but seating H26/26R, before being rebodied. It had passed from East Yorkshire to Lloyd in November 1956.
Photo taken Saturday 9 February 1963, St Margaret's Bus Station, Leicester
4. GAT70
Former East Yorkshire No 384, GAT70, a Leyland Titan TD5 with ECW 'Beverley Bar' style bodywork seen in Leicester in about 1960 working for an independent operator whose name I can't make out!
Photo taken c.1960, St Margaret's Bus Station, Leicester
5. GAT61
Scottish Omnibuses HH2, GAT61 was a Leyland TD5 which had been new as East Yorkshire 375 in November 1939 with an Eastern Coachworks BB26/26R body. It was later fitted with a new Eastern Coachworks BB28/26R body in 1948. After withdrawal it passed to Lowland Motorways, Shettleston in January 1957 as number 34 and then to Scottish Omnibuses in January 1958.
Photo taken Sunday 26 July 1959, Killermont Street, opposite Dundas Street Bus Station, Glasgow
6. GAT62
Scottish Omnibuses HH3, GAT62, acquired from Lowland Motorways, Glasgow in January 1958. The Leyland TD5 had been new to East Yorkshire, Hull in October 1939 with an Eastern Coachworks 'Beverley Bar' style H26/26R body. It was rebodied with the Eastern Coachworks 'Beverley Bar' style H28/26R body seen here in Airdrie in 1948.
Photo taken Wednesday 29 July 1959, Airdrie
7. GAT69
Smith, Reading GAT69, was acquired from Lloyd, Nuneaton in November 1958. It was a Leyland TD5, new in 1939 as East Yorkshire 383, with an Eastern Coachworks H26/26R body which had been replaced in 1948 with a new Eastern Coachworks H28/26R body and passed to Lloyd 11/56 via P.V.D. (dealer), Dunchurch.
Photo taken Saturday 22 August 1959, Castle Street, Reading
8. GAT70
Astill & Jordan, Ratby 9, GAT70, was a Leyland TD5 with an Eastern Coachworks H28/26R body of the Beverley bar style which came from Aston, Marton in October 1959. It had been new in 1939 as East Yorkshire 384 with an Eastern Coachworks H26/26R body, being rebodied as above in 1948. It passed from East Yorkshire to Paramount Coachways, Preston in March 1957 and then to Aston in August 1959.
Photo taken Saturday 9 February 1963, Western Boulevard, Leicester
9. GRH145
Dodds, Troon acquired DT14, GRH145, from East Yorkshire, Hull where it had been number 406. It was a Guy Arab II fitted with a Brush H30/26R body when new in 1944 and rebodied with a Roe H30/26R body in February 1953 as seen here in the A.A. bus station in Ayr.
Photo taken Wednesday 6 June 1962, A.A. Bus Station, Boswell Park, Ayr
10. GRH146
Dodds (AA, Ayr), Troon DT15, GRH146, was a 1944 Guy Arab II with a 1953 Roe H30/26R body and was seen at Troon.
Photo taken Tuesday 3 August 1965, Troon
11. HAT646
HAT646 was a Leyland PS1 Tiger with a Weymann B30R body which had been new to East Yorkshire as number 430 in 1947.
Photo taken Saturday 15 August 1964, Burnside Street, Cambletown
12. HAT647
Seen in Dumfries was Carruthers, New Abbey 7, HAT647, a Leyland PS1 with a Weymann B30R body new in May 1947 as East Yorkshire 431, one of five new that year. It was acquired by Carruthers in June 1958 and passed to Cruden (contractor), Musselburgh in August 1963.
Photo taken Tuesday 5 June 1962, Whitesands, Dumfries
13. JAT435
East Yorkshire stores lorry, formerly bus 467, JAT435, a Leyland Tiger PS1 with Brush B30R body, new in 1948. Withdrawn as a bus in 1956 it was converted and in use by 6/58.
Photo taken 1972, EYMS works, Anlaby Road, Hull
14. HBT457
East Yorkshire Motor Services 657, HBT457, and 658, HWF658, were AEC Regal IIIs with Barnaby body, inherited from the Pocklington company Everingham Bros.
Photo taken 1961, Filey Bus Station
15. MKH90
On the right is East Yorkshire 581, MKH90, a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Roe FH28/26RD (originally FCH30/20RD) body, new in 1952. Withdrawn in 1968 it passed to North's the dealer in 4/69 and was scrapped by Johnson's of Goldthorpe later that year.
Photo taken July 1961, Bridlington Bus Station
16. LAT68
East Yorkshire 540, LAT68, was a Leyland PD2/3 with a highbridge 'Beverley Bar' body built by Roe in 1950.
Photo taken 1962, Filey Station
17. LAT69
East Yorkshire 541, LAT69, a Leyland Titan PD2/3 built in 1950 with Roe bodywork.
Photo taken May 1972, Westwood, Scarborough
18. LAT73
LAT73 was a Leyland Titan PD2/3 with Roe H30/26R body, new in 10/50 to East Yorkshire Motor Services, no. 545.
Photo taken Sunday 11 August 1963, Bridlington
19. LAT78
East Yorkshire 550, LAT78, a 1950-built Leyland PD2/3 with high bridge, Roe built, Beverley Bar body.
Photo taken Tuesday 27 March 1951, New Market Street, Leeds
20. LRH694
Former East Yorkshire M.S. 552, LRH694, a Leyland Royal Tiger PSU1/13 with Brush B41R body, new in 1951. This had passed to dealer Frank Cowley of Salford in 1964, then on to an unidentified non-psv operator.
Photo taken April 1972, off Great Ducie Street, Salford
21. LRH696
East Yorkshire 554, LRH696, was one of seven Leyland Royal Tigers with Brush B44R bodies new in 1951 and was in Castle Street, Leeds when photographed.
Photo taken Saturday 6 August 1955, Lisbon Street, Leeds
22. MKH403
East Yorkshire 585, MKH403, one of five Leyland L27/26R bodied PD2/12s, new in 1951 is seen in Selby Market Place.
Photo taken Sunday 26 August 1956, Selby Market Place
23. MKH406
East Yorkshire 588, MKH406, was an all-Leyland PD2/12 with an L27/26R body built in 1951.
Photo taken 1960, Bridlington Bus Station
24. MKH81
Yet another variant on East Yorkshire's Beverley Bar vehicles is 572, MKH81, a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Roe FCH30/20RD bodywork. This one is in the coach livery and was a regular performer on Bridlington to Leeds services in the 1960's.
Photo taken July 1970, Bridlington Bus Station
25. KWF761
East Yorkshire 661, KWF761, a Barnaby C37C bodied AEC 9822E Regal IV new to Everingham Bros., Pocklington is seen in Burnley Cattle Market Bus Station on its way to Hull from Blackpool.
Photo taken Sunday 8 September 1957, Cattle Market Bus Station, Burnley
26. KWF761
Seen at Hull is East Yorkshire 661, KWF761, one of the two Barnaby C37C bodied AEC 9822E Regal IVs dating from September 1952 which were acquired with the Everingham Bros. business in November 1953.
Photo taken Saturday 26 June 1965, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
27. KWF761
A rear view of East Yorkshire 661, KWF761, seen in Leeds on the parking area between Lisbon Street and Castle Street used on Saturdays as the overflow from the West Yorkshire Wellington Street Coach Station. KWF761 was an A.E.C. 9822E Regal IV with a Barnaby C37C body which had been new to Everingham Bros., Pocklington in September 1952.
Photo taken Saturday 16 May 1964, Lisbon Street/Castle Street, Leeds
28. MKH422
Former East Yorkshire Motor Services 604, MKH422, a Leyland PSU with MCW B42F body new in 1952 with contractor NORWEST.
Photo taken circa 1969, Wigan
29. MKH77
Here is a fine picture of one of the East Yorkshire PD2/Roe double deck coaches in their heyday, 568, MKH77. The wheel arch luggage racks in lieu of the usual inward facing seats can just be discerned.
Photo taken mid to late 1950s, possibly Hull Bus Station Parking Area
30. MKH79
East Yorkshire Motor Services 570, MKH79, one of the superb Leyland PD2/12s with Roe coach body. Fitted with the famous "Beverley Bar" top, these coaches were built in 1952 for long-distance coastal services, much-loved by summer holidaymakers.
Photo taken 1960, Bridlington Bus Station
31. MKH81
Calderdale 403, MKH81, a Leyland Titan PD2/Roe FH54R new to East Yorkshire M.S. in 1952 as fleet no. 572, with the domed roof characteristic of EYMS double deckers designed to fit under the Beverley Bar.
Photo taken summer of 1972, old Halifax Bus Garage yard
32. MKH81
MKH81, one of the famous East Yorkshire Motor Services 1952 Leyland PD2's with
Photo taken c.1971, parking adjacent to Crossfield Bus Station, Halifax
33. MKH83
East Yorkshire towing vehicle, formerly bus 574, MKH83, a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Roe FCH30/20RD body, new in 1952. Withdrawn as a bus in 1967 it was converted and re-entered service in 9/68.
Photo taken 1972, EYMS works, Anlaby Road, Hull
34. MKH84
East Yorkshire 575, MKH84, a preserved Leyland Titan PD2/12 built in 1952 with Roe FH30/20RD bodywork.
Photo taken June 1972, Scarborough
35. MKH84
East Yorkshire bought a batch of Leyland Titan PD2/12s in 1952 and fitted them with unusual but attractive fully fronted Roe bodywork with coach seating. 575, MKH84, is seen in Leeds in 1968 by which time it had been withdrawn by East Yorkshire and was in preservation
Photo taken Saturday 18 May 1968, Wellington Street, Leeds
36. MKH84
East Yorkshire 575, MKH84, is the hopefully-preserved Beverley Bar PD2 coach, seen on a Trans-Pennine Rally.
Photo taken Sunday 10 August 1969, Harrogate
37. MKH87
East Yorkshire 578, MKH87, and 634, VKH34, seen in Hull were a Leyland PD2/12 with a Roe FCH30/20RD body new in 1952, and an A.E.C. MD3RV Regent V with a Willowbrook H30/26RD body new in 1956, respectively.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
38. MKH88
East Yorkshire Motor Services 579, MKH88, one of the Leyland PD2/12s with Roe coach body built in 1952. This bus was one of those downgraded to bus operation in the late 1950s.
Photo taken c.1965, Filey Bus Station
39. MKH90
Hull Atlantean 359, 9359AT, with Roe H44/31F body new in December 1961, about to be passed by East Yorkshire 581, MKH90, a Leyland PD2/12 with Roe FH54R body
Photo taken Saturday 10 October 1964, Collier Street, Hull
40. KWF762
East Yorkshire 662, KWF762, branded for the Hull-Blackpool service and named "Holderness Star" is seen in the Cattle Market Bus Station in Burnley and was a Barnaby C37C bodied AEC 9822E Regal IV new to Everingham Bros., Pocklington.
Photo taken Sunday 14 September 1958, Cattle Market Bus Station, Burnley
41. NRH222
East Yorkshire 611, NRH222, a Leyland PD2/12 with Roe BB28/28RD body which joined the fleet, as one of seven, in 1953 seen in Leeds, Castle Street operating a journey to Bridlington.
Photo taken Saturday 6 August 1955, parking area between Castle Street and Lisbon Street, Leeds
42. NRH223
East Yorkshire M.S. 612, NRH223, a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Roe H30/26R body, new in 1953 and withdrawn in 1969 - passing via North's the dealer to Johnson's of Goldthorpe for scrap in the August.
Photo taken Summer 1966, Westwood Bus Station, Scarborough
43. NRH654
East Yorkshire received three Leyland PSU1/15 Royal Tigers with Windover Kingsway C35R bodies in 1953 and the first one 613, NRH654, named 'Kingston Star' is seen leaving Wembley Stadium.
Photo taken Saturday 13 May 1961, Wembley Stadium
44. NRH656
East Yorkshire 615, NRH656, was a Leyland PSU1/15 Royal Tiger with a Windover Kingsway C35R body.
Photo taken Saturday 9 May 1959, Wembley Stadium
45. PAT412
East Yorkshire 620, PAT412, a 1954 Leyland Tiger Cub PSUC1/2T with Willowbrook C39R body seen at Newark on the London to Leeds service alongside a West Yorkshire CUG class coach.
Photo taken Friday 19 April 1957, Newark
46. SRH631
East Yorkshire 631, SRH631, was one of a pair of Leyland PD2/12s with Roe H33/28R bodywork which were new in June 1955. 631 lasted longer than sister 630 and was withdrawn and sold for scrap in November 1971. The 'Beverley Bar' roof can be clearly seen in this photograph.
Photo taken c.1969, Ferensway Bus Park
47. SRH632
East Yorkshire 632, SRH632 a 1955 Leyland Titan PD2/12 with lowbridge Roe bodywork alongside AEC Bridgemaster 697, 6697KH, a 1960 example with Park Royal rear entrance bodywork.
Photo taken 1971, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
48. SRH632
East Yorkshire 632, SRH632, was a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Roe lowbridge bodywork, introduced in 1955.
Photo taken 1965, Filey Bus Station
49. SRH632
East Yorkshire 632, SRH632, was one of a pair of Leyland PD2/12s delivered in July 1955 with Roe L28/28R bodywork. Both were withdrawn in November 1971 but, whilst sister vehicle 633 entered the service fleet, 632 was sold to North's at Sherburn in Elmet.
Photo taken c.1969, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
50. VKH34
East Yorkshire 634, VKH34, was an AEC Regent V with Willowbrook H30/26RD 'Beverley Bar' bodywork. Numerically the first of a batch of 15 which were delivered in November 1956, it was on of the final pair to be withdrawn and sold in April 1972.
Photo taken c.1969, Hull, Ferensway Coach Station
51. VKH37
East Yorkshire 645 and 637, VKH45 and VKH37, both AEC Regent Vs with Willowbrook H30/26RD "Beverley Bar" body of 1956.
Photo taken 1971, Hull
52. VKH44
East Yorkshire 644, VKH44, a 1956 AEC Regent V with Willowbrook body - the famous Beverly Bar roof is clearly seen. Alongside is 777, CKH777C, a 1965 AEC Renown with front entrance Park Royal body while the roof contour is not as pronounced as on 644 there is still a distinct inward taper to the upper deck
Photo taken 1993, Trans Pennine Rally Halifax
53. VKH45
Seen in Leeds is East Yorkshire 645, VKH45, one of fifteen with Beverley Bar style H30/26RD body by Willowbrook on AEC Regent V chassis new in 1956.
Photo taken Friday 4 April 1958, parking area between Castle Street and Saville Street, Leeds
54. VKH46
East Yorkshire 646, VKH46, an A.E.C. MD3RV Regent V had a Willowbrook H30/26RD body and is seen in Lombard Street, Hull at its junction with Ferensway.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
55. VKH49
East Yorkshire Motor Services 649, VKH49, AEC Regent V with lowbridge Willowbrook bodywork dates from 1957
Photo taken c. April 1971, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
56. VKH50
East Yorkshire 650, VKH50, a Willowbrook L31/28R bodied AEC Regent V, one of two new in 1957, waits in Selby Market Place.
Photo taken Sunday 6 April 1958, Selby Market Place
57. VKH50
East Yorkshire 650, VKH50, an AEC Regent V with lowbridge Willowbrook bodywork new in 1957.
Photo taken 1971, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
58. VKH668
East Yorkshire 668, VKH668, was a 1957 Leyland Tiger Cub with a Park Royal body. Behind is 641, VKH41, a Willowbrook "Beverley Bar"-bodied AEC Regent V.
Photo taken Saturday 15 August 1964, Filey Bus Station
59. VKH671
Seen at Bridlington in June 1967, 671, VKH671, a Leyland Tiger Cub with Roe 39 seat body along side AEC Bridgemaster 712, 4712AT, with Park Royal 73 seat body.
Photo taken June 1967, Bridlington Bus Station
60. VKH674
East Yorkshire 674, VKH674, a 1957 Albion Aberdonian with Park Royal body. This was the only Aberdonian bought by EYMS.
Photo taken 1994, Sandtoft
61. VKH674
674, VKH674, was East Yorkshire's sole Albion Aberdonian MR11L. It carried a Park Royal B39F body and was allocated to Pocklington depot for use specifically on the narrow lanes in that area.
Photo taken c.1969, Westwood Bus Station, Scarborough
62. VKH674
Preserved East Yorkshire 674, VKH674, an Albion MR11L Aberdonian with a Park Royal B39F body seen at the Hillingdon Rally.
Photo taken Sunday 24 June 1979, Hillingdon
63. WAT652
East Yorkshire 652, WAT652, a 1957 AEC Regent V LD3RA with Roe bodywork seating 66. The famous contoured Beverley Bar roof line can be clearly seen.
Photo taken Sunday 14 September 2008, Meadowhall, Sheffield
64. WAT652
East Yorkshire 652, WAT652, a 1957 AEC Regent V LD3RA with Roe body. 652 has been preserved.
Photo taken 1960, Filey Bus Station
65. WAT675
East Yorkshire 675, WAT675, a Leyland PSUC1/2 Tiger Cub with a Harrington Wayfarer V C35F body seen opposite number 2 Grosmont Terrace, Bramley, Leeds.
Photo taken Saturday 13 September 1958, Grosmont Terace, Bramley, Leeds
66. WAT676
The 1957 intake of coaches by East Yorkshire was five Leyland PSUC1/2 Tiger Cubs with Harrington Wayfarer V C35F bodies and 676, WAT676, named 'Dales Star' is seen leaving Wembley Stadium, indicating an intention to turn left.
Photo taken Saturday 13 May 1961, Wembley Stadium
67. VLT108
1959 AEC Routemaster 5RM with Park Royal body VLT108 operating with East Yorkshire Motor Services (Fleet 808)
Photo taken 1993, Hull Bus Station
68. 6692KH
East Yorkshire 692, 6692KH, a 1960 Leyland Leopard PSUC1/2 with Harrington Cavalier body seating 35.
Photo taken 1997, Harrogate
69. 6696KH
East Yorkshire 696, 6696KH, was one of their AEC Bridgemasters with a Park Royal H45/32RD body dating from 1960.
Photo taken circa 1973, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
70. 6698KH
East Yorkshire 698, 6698KH, was an immaculate AEC Bridgemaster with Park Royal body of 1960, pausing on the coastal trunk route from Scarborough to Hull.
Photo taken 1961, Filey Bus Station
71. 4708AT
East Yorkshire 708, 4708AT, was an A.E.C. B3RA Bridgemaster with a Park Royal H45/28RD body seen in Hull.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
72. 926GTA
Devon General's Seadog class convertable open top Atlanteans were spread far and wide after withdrawal by their original owners. Seen in Hull is 926GTA which was origianally DL926 in the Devon General fleet. When phototgraphed the bus was in the East Yorkshire fleet as their 902 and is seen in the Lord Mayor's Parade in Hull in 1992 with a former London Routemaster in traditional East Yorkshire livery tucked in behind
Photo taken Saturday 13 June 1992, Anlaby Road, Hull
73. 41CLT
East Yorkshire 805, 41CLT, was ex-LT RM1041 of 1962, and entered service with EY in 1988. Looking beautiful in the one-time traditional EYMS livery, it was to be re-registered as NRH805A in 1990, but was scrapped in 1995.
Photo taken Saturday 3 September 1988, Ark Royal, Fleet Estate, Hull
74. 4710AT
East Yorkshire AEC contrasts. 785, CKH785C, was a Park-Royal bodied Renown, flanked by Bridgemaster 710, 4710AT, now wearing the transitional NBC-style livery shortly before EYMS lost its distinctive identity.
Photo taken circa 1973, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
75. 9716AT
I was surprised to come across East Yorkshire 716, 9716AT, an AEC Bridgemaster 2B3RA built in 1962 with Park Royal H43/29F bodywork at United's Bishop Auckland depot and assumed it was there simply for disposal surrounded as it was by a number of out of service vehicles from the United fleet.
Photo taken Saturday 17 July 1976, United Depot, Morland Street, Bishop Auckland
76. 9724AT
East Yorkshire 724, 9724AT, an AEC Bridgemaster 2B3RA built in 1962 with Park Royal H43/29F bodywork. The driver was heading off for a break after arriving at Scarborough bus station.
Photo taken September 1973, Scarborough Bus Station
77. 9724AT
East Yorkshire 724, 9724AT, was an AEC Bridgemaster 2B3RA with Park Royal H43/29F bodywork which had been new in June 1962. It was withdrawn in 1974.
Photo taken c.1969, Westwood Bus Station, Scarborough
78. 9725AT
East Yorkshire were AEC's biggest customer for the Bridgemaster, all with Park Royal bodywork of massive appearance. 725, 9725AT, dates from 1962
Photo taken Sunday 21 August 2016, Thwaite Mills, Stourton, Leeds
79. 9725AT
Ex East Yorkshire Motor Services 725, 9725AT, a 1962 AEC Bridgemaster 2B3RA with Park Royal H43/29F body.
Photo taken Sunday 14 May 2017, North Bay, Scarborough
80. 9725AT
Upper deck interior of East Yorkshire Motor Services 725, 9725AT, a 1962 AEC Bridgemaster 2B3RA with a Park Royal H43/29F body on South Street in Dewsbury during the Dewsbury Bus Museum Running Day.
Photo taken Sunday 19 November 2017, South Street, Dewsbury
81. 9732AT
East Yorkshire Willowbrook DP47F bodied Leyland PSU3/3RT Leopard new in 1962 was 732, 9732AT, and is seen at Victoria Coach Station with vehicles from Maidstone & District, North Western and Midland Red.
Photo taken Sunday 28 July 1963, London Victoria Coach Station
82. 9733AT
East Yorkshire, Hull 733, 9733AT, was a 1962 Leyland PSU3/3RT Leopard with a Willowbrook DP47F body seen in Victoria Coach Station.
Photo taken Saturday 5 June 1971, Victoria Coach Station, London
83. 9734AT
East Yorkshire 734, 9734AT, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3R built in 1962 with Willowbrook DP47F bodywork. NBC's DP livery sadly out sync with the body trim.
Photo taken March 1975, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
84. 9737AT
East Yorkshire 737, 9737AT, seen at Westwood, Scarborough, was a Leyland PSU3/3RT Leopard with a Willowbrook DP47F body and is seen in the N.B.C. Blue livery.
Photo taken Friday 17 August 1973, Westwood, Scarborough
85. 3738RH
East Yorkshire MS 738, 3738RH, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3RT with Harrington Cavalier 36-foot C44F body, new in 1963, and named 'Kingston Star'.
Photo taken August 1970, Godley Lane, Stump Cross, Halifax
86. 3738RH
East Yorkshire 738, 3738RH, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3R built in 1963 with Harrington Cavalier C44F bodywork.
Photo taken July 1973, Northallerton Bus Station
87. 3744RH
East Yorkshire 744, 3744RH, an A E C Bridgemaster 2B3RA built in 1963 with Park Royal H43/29F bodywork. Standing out amongst the crowd and making a good impression.
Photo taken March 1975, Hull
88. 3746RH
East Yorkshire 746, 3746RH, a 1963 AEC Brigemaster with Park Royal front entrance body. This was one of the last Bridgemasters built as the chassis was superseded by the Renown in the same year.
Photo taken 1998, Piece Hall, Halifax
89. 3746RH
Former East Yorkshire Bridgemaster 746, 3746RH, being restored in Davie, Florida 2013/4.
Photo taken Tuesday 20 May 2014, Davie, Florida, USA
90. 3746RH
The East Yorkshire AEC Bridgemaster 746, 3746RH, now in the USA was once an active restored vehicle, restored to full EYMS livery.
Photo taken Sunday 25 October 1992, Swales Moor Hotel, Halifax
91. 3747RH
Originally East Yorkshire 747, 3747RH is a 1963 AEC Bridgemaster with Park Royal H43/29F bodywork.
Photo taken Saturday 12 May 2018, St Ricarius Church, Main Street, Aberford, Leeds
92. 3749RH
East Yorkshire 749, 3749RH, an AEC Bridgemaster with Park Royal body of 1963.
Photo taken 1968, Templar Street, Leeds
93. 9770RH
East Yorkshire 770, 9770RH, seen at Victoria Coach Station, was a Leyland PSU3/1R Leopard with a Willowbrook C47F body new in 1963 and is seen in the N.B.C. Blue livery.
Photo taken Saturday 28 July 1973, Victoria Coach Station
94. HFT370
East Yorkshire swapped a number of vehicles with the Northern General group fleets in the early years of the NBC. AEC Renowns were dispatched north and a number of Daimler Fleetlines came south. One such was 914, HFT370, a 1963 Weymann bodied example that was originally 270 in the Tynemouth and District fleet. The short lived NBC blue livery is carried
Photo taken 1976, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
95. HFT372
East Yorkshire 916, HFT372, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1963 with Metro-Cammell H44/31F bodywork. This had been new as Tynemouth & District 272.
Photo taken March 1975, Collier Street, Hull
96. HFT373
In an exchange involving a batch of six AEC Renowns, East Yorkshire purchased 20 former Tynemouth Daimler Fleetlines of varying vintages in 1972. Ten were the 1963 Metro-Cammell bodied batch formerly Tynemouth 266-275, HFT366-375 which became East Yorkshire 910-919. Needed to speed up OMO conversions, East Yorkshire 917 HFT373 is seen on the parking ground at the rear of Ferensway bus station, Hull with a selection of East Yorkshire and Hull Corporation vehicles visible in the background.
Photo taken Sunday 16 April 1978, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
97. 9757RH
East Yorkshire 757, 9757RH, a 1964 AEC Renown with Park Royal bodywork, numerically the first Renown for East Yorkshire.
Photo taken 1971, Hull Bus Station
98. 9762RH
East Yorkshire Motor Services 762, 9762RH, one of a batch of ten AEC Renown 3B3RAs with Park Royal H42/32F bodywork which were new in March 1964. 762 was withdrawn in 1977.
Photo taken late 1960s, Ferensway Bus Station, Hull
99. 9772RH
East Yorkshire 772, 9772RH, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3R built in 1964 with Willowbrook DP47F bodywork.
Photo taken May 1972, Bridlington Bus Station
100. 9773RH
East Yorkshire 773, 9773RH, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/3R built in 1964 with Willowbrook DP47F bodywork.
Photo taken September 1973, Westwood, Scarborough
101. AFT786C
East Yorkshire MS 903, AFT786C, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1965 with Alexander A H44/31F bodywork.
Photo taken March 1975, parking area adjacent to Ferensway Bus Station, Hull
102. CKH775C
East Yorkshire MS 775, CKH775C, an A E C Renown 3B3RA built in 1965 with Park Royal H40/30F bodywork.
Photo taken May 1972, Bus Station, Bridlington
103. CKH777C
East Yorkshire 644, VKH44, a 1956 AEC Regent V with Willowbrook body - the famous Beverly Bar roof is clearly seen. Alongside is 777, CKH777C, a 1965 AEC Renown with front entrance Park Royal body while the roof contour is not as pronounced as on 644 there is still a distinct inward taper to the upper deck
Photo taken 1993, Trans Pennine Rally Halifax
104. CKH786C
East Yorkshire 786, CKH786C, an A.E.C. 3B3RA Renown with a Park Royal H40/30F body seen in Hull.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
105. CKH787C
A contrast in liveries on these two East Yokshire AEC Renowns with Park Royal bodywork. 787, CKH787C, in standard NBC poppy red dates from 1965. 763, 9763RH, a 1963 model carries the short lived NBC blue scheme in something approximating to EYMS house style.
Photo taken 1975, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
106. CKH793C
East Yorkshire 793, CKH793C, a Leyland Leopard PSU3/1R built 1965 with Weymann B49F bodywork.
Photo taken June 1973, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
107. CKH795C
Seen at the outer end of the marathon Hull to Leeds service is East Yorkshire 795, CKH795C, a 1965 Leyland Leopard PSU3/1R with Weymann bodywork with 49 bus seats.
Photo taken Friday 14 April 1967, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
108. GAT803D
East Yorkshire 803, GAT803D, was a Leyland PSUR1/2R Panther with a Marshall B49F body seen in Lombard Street, Hull at its junction with Ferensway.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
109. GAT806D
East Yorkshire 806, GAT806D, a Leyland Panther PSUR1/2R built in 1966 with Marshall B49F bodywork. Illustrating (perhaps) that it was a shame that East Yorkshire did not persist with this variant of the NBC livery.
Photo taken March 1975, Hull
110. GAT813D
East Yorkshire 813, GAT813D, an A E C Renown 3B3RA built in 1966 with Park Royal H38/30F bodywork. Weighing some 8tons 6cwt, this decker was only a fraction heavier than the Panthers delivered that year at around 8ton 3cwt.
Photo taken May 1972, Bridlington Bus Station
111. GAT818D
One of six former East Yorkshire AEC Renowns that came to Northern General's Tynemouth subsidiary in 1972 is 3209 GAT818D. By the time this picture was taken, the bus was carrying the NBC style yellow livery of the Tyne and Wear PTE and Northern fleetnames, and is seen at Percy Main depot.
Photo taken Sunday 10 October 1976, Percy Main Depot, North Tyneside
112. GAT821D
In 1972 following receipt of new buses, Northern General's Tynemouth subsidiary sold 20 1963-67 built Daimler Fleetlines to East Yorkshire to help with that operators OMO conversion programme. In return Tynemouth received 6 Park Royal bodied AEC Renown double deckers formerly East Yorkshire 817-822 with matching GAT-D registrations. GAT821D is seen at Worswick Street bus station in Newcastle with Routemaster 2124 FPT594C alongside.
Photo taken March/April 1973, Worswick Street Bus Station, Newcastle
113. DFT290E
East Yorkshire 907, DFT290E, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1967 with Alexander A H44/31F bodywork. This had been new as Tynemouth & District 290.
Photo taken March 1975, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
114. JRH323E
East Yorkshire 823, JRH323E, a Leyland Panther PSUR1/2R built in 1967 with Metro-Cammell C44F bodywork.
Photo taken June 1972, Westwood, Scarborough
115. KJA264F
East Yorkshire 64, KJA264F, a 1967 Leyland Leopard PSU3/4R with Alexander body. This bus was originally 264 in the North Western fleet
Photo taken 1979, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
116. MRH850F
East Yorkshire 850, MRH850F, a Plaxton Panorama I C44F bodied Leyland PSUR1/2RT Panther leaves Wembley Stadium.
Photo taken Saturday 15 May 1971, Wembley Stadium
117. NKH854F
East Yorkshire 854, NKH854F, a Daimler CRG6LX with a Park Royal H39/29F body seen in Hull.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
118. MAT826F
East Yorkshire 826, MAT826F, a 1968 Park Royal bodied Daimler Fleetline, one of East Yorkshire's first batch of rear engined deckers.
Photo taken 1971, Collier Street, Hull
119. MAT847F
East Yorkshire MS 847, MAT847F, a Leyland Panther PSUR1/2R built in 1968 with Marshall DP49F bodywork.
Photo taken March 1975, Ferensway Bus Station, Hull
120. MAT848F
East Yorkshire bought several batches of Leyland Panthers in the sixties with both bus and coach bodywork. Seen in Scarborough after withdrawal and sale is 848, MAT848F, a Marshall bodied example of 1968.
Photo taken 1992, Westwood parking by Scarborough Station
121. NKH852F
East Yorkshire MS 852, NKH852F, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1968 with Park Royal H39/29F bodywork.
Photo taken March 1975, parking area adjacent to Ferensway Bus Station, Hull
122. NKH857F
East Yorkshire 857, NKH857F, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1968 with Park Royal H39/29F bodywork.
Photo taken May 1972, Bridlington Bus Station
123. NRH864F
East Yorkshire MS 864, NRH864F, a Leyland Panther Cub PSRC1/1 built in 1968 with Marshall B45F bodywork.
Photo taken April 1976, Bus Station, Bridlington
124. PKH838G
East Yorkshire 838, PKH838G, was a Marshall B45F bodied Leyland Panther Cub seen in Lombard Street, Hull at its junction with Ferensway.
Photo taken Sunday 27 July 1969, Lombard Street/Ferensway, Hull
125. PKH840G
East Yorkshire 840, PKH840G, a Leyland Panther Cub PSRC1/1 built in 1968 with Marshall B45F bodywork. A late survivor when most of the fleet had been repainted.
Photo taken March 1975, Collier Street, Hull
126. RAT868G
East Yorkshire 868, RAT868G, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1969 with Park Royal H39/29F bodywork. Parked at Bridlington bus station beneath a display of places served with some West Yorkshire REs and an MW also visible.
Photo taken May 1972, Bridlington Bus Station
127. RAT872G
East Yorkshire 872, RAT872G, was a Daimler CRG6LX with Park Royal H39/29F bodywork, one of a batch of seven delivered in May 1969 which featured the less exaggerated version of the 'Beverley Bar' roof. 872 outlived its sisters by several years, finally being withdrawn in January 1991 and sold in June 1992.
Photo taken c.1969, Collier Street, Hull
128. KUP241J
East Yorkshire 241, KUP241J, a Leyland Leopard PSU3A/4R built in 1970 with Plaxton Panorama Elite C53F bodywork. This had been new to Shaw Bros, Byers Green.
Photo taken March 1975, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
129. KUP241J
East Yorkshire 241, KUP241J, according to my records operated the 07:30 service from Glasgow to Hull and stopped at Millfield for a "comfort stop"? I am sure someone will confirm where this is (was) but I do recall it arrived at York "early"!
Photo taken Friday 19 September 1975, Millfield
130. AAT395K
East Yorkshire 895, AAT395K, a 1971 Leyland Atlantean PDR1/3 with Alexander body. This batch of buses were of only a small number to be delivered in NBC blue.
Photo taken 1972, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
131. WKH887J
East Yorkshire 887, WKH887J, a 1971 Daimler Fleetliine with Alexander bodywork rests in Hull alongside a Plaxton bodied Leyland Leopard.
Photo taken 1986, Ferensway Bus Park, Hull
132. WKH888J
East Yorkshire 888, WKH888J, a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX built in 1971 with Alexander J H44/31F bodywork.
Photo taken December 1971, Rougier Street, York
133. WKH889J
East Yorkshire 889, WKH889J, was a Daimler Fleetline CRG6LX with an Alexander J H44/31F body dating from 1971.
Photo taken circa 1973, Wellington Street Coach Station, Leeds
134. BKH921K
East Yorkshire MS 921, BKH921K, a Leyland Leopard PSU3B/4R built in 1972 with Plaxton Panorama Elite II C49F bodywork.
Photo taken June 1972, Valley Road Coach Park, Scarborough
135. DKH972L
East Yorkshire 927, DKH927L, a Bristol VRTSL6G built in 1972 with ECW H39/31F bodywork, loading up at Scarborough bus station before heading off to Hull via Bridlington and Filey on route 12.
Photo taken May 1974, Scarborough Bus Station
136. MLK665L
This ex London Daimer Fleetline was amongst the last vehicles bought by Primrose Valley prior to their takeover by East Yorkshire. New to London as their DMS665, MLK665L, in 1973 it was sold out of service in 1980 and bought by Graham of Paisley who took out the centre exit. In 1984 it went to A1 member McGregor of Saltcoats eventually being bought by Primrose Valley in 1989. It became 365 in the East Yorkshire fleet in which guise it is seen here although it carries Primrose Valley Coaches fleetname.
Photo taken Tuesday 23 October 1990, Somerset Terrace, Scarborough