SCT '61 Photo Index
Aberdare UDC
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. GTG866
Aberdare Bristol K6A/ECW 77, GTG866, new in 1947 with another from the same batch, 75, behind.
Photo taken Cardiff Street, Aberdare
2. LNY851
Aberdare AEC Regal III single decker 41, LNY851, with a NCME body is followed by Bristol L6A single decker 36, GTG870.
Photo taken Cardiff Street, Aberdare
3. LNY854
Aberdare 11, LNY854, was one of a small batch of Guy Arab III with NCME B35R bodies dating from 1951.
Photo taken 1967, Depot Road, Gadlys, Aberdare
4. LNY854
Aberdare U.D.C. on LNY854
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969
5. LNY854
New to Aberdare in 1951, LNY854 was one of four Guy Arab III with NCME B35R bodies. Originally number 20 it became 11 in the 1958 renumbering and was withdrawn in 1971.
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969, Aberdare UDC Garage
6. LNY858
Aberdare 81, LNY858, an AEC Regent III with NCME body of 1951.
Photo taken 1967, Cardiff Street, Aberdare
7. LNY858
Aberdare NCME bodied AEC Regent III, 81 LNY858, new in 1951.
Photo taken Cardiff Street, Aberdare
8. XNY411
Aberdare 55, XNY411, was a Longwell Green H35/29R bodied Guy Arab IV new in 1958 as fleet number 34 being renumbered shortly after delivery.
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969, Aberdare UDC Garage
9. XNY416
Former Aberdare U.D.C. 14, XNY416, a Guy Arab LUF with Longwell Green body, new in 1958. Originally in Aberdare's cream and red livery it had later passed into Cynon Valley Borough Council ownership, receiving this most dismal dark red livery.
Photo taken early 1974, WETC, Winkleigh, Devon
10. XNY418
Aberdare 16, XNY418, was a Guy LUF with Longwell Green B44F body of 1958. Behind it is 27, FTX227C, an AEC Reliance with Strachan body of 1965.
Photo taken 1967, Aberdare UDC Garage
11. XNY419
One of four Guy Arab LUFs with Longwell Green B44F bodies, XNY419 was delivered to Aberdare in 1958 as 7 and renumbered 17 shortly afterwards.
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969, Aberdare UDC Garage
12.
In the days of Aberdare Urban District Council the buses carried a version of the Royal Arms as shown above. The practice had been inherited from the Board of Health (which preceded the Urban District Council) who had been doing it since 1854. When the Home Office became aware in 1927 it required representations to the Home Secretary to prevent him from ordering the practice to cease and this device remained in use until the formation of Cynon Valley District Council in 1974.
Photo taken Thursday 15 November 1979, Gadlys Depot, Aberdare
13. JTX233D
JTX233D one of six AEC Reliances with Willowbrook B41D bodies was new in 1966 as Aberdare 33 and was outside the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969, Aberdare UDC Garage
14. TNY493G
Aberdare 3, TNY493G, one of a batch of six AEC Reliances, new in 1968, with Willowbrook B41D bodies seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 7 September 1969, Aberdare UDC Garage
15. TNY495G
Malta DBY300, an AEC Reliance built in 1968 with Willowbrook B46F bodywork.
Photo taken Monday 16 May 2011, Valletta, Malta
16. TNY495G
Malta A-0004, an A E C Reliance 6MU2RA built in 1968 with Willowbrook B46F bodywork, formerly TNY495G and new as Aberdare 5 with B41D bodywork.
Photo taken Bus Station, Valletta, Malta
17. LTG41L
New to Aberdare in 1972 as their 41, LTG41L, was this Bristol RESL6L. It is seen when in service with Pennine Blue who subsequently sold out to PMT
Photo taken 1994, Halifax
18. LTG41L
Pennine Blue LTG41L, a 1972 Bristol RESL6L/ECW B44F originally Cynon Valley 41.
Photo taken Saturday 16 February 1991, Winterford Rd, Micklehurst