SCT '61 Photo Index
Dennis Single Deckers
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
1. XX9591
Seen at the Midland Red garage at Leamington Spa was London Bus Preservation Trust's XX9591, a Dennis 3-ton with a Dodson O26/22RO body dating from April 1925 which is preserved as London Public D142.
Photo taken Sunday 13 October 1974, Leamington Spa
2. UF1517
Preserved Southdown 517, UF1517, is a 1927 Dennis 30cwt with Short all metal B19R bodywork. This vehicle normally resides at Amberley chalk pits museum, but is seen here in West Worthing en route to the 2002 Worthing Bus Rally.
Photo taken July 2002, South Street, Tarring, West Worthing
3. UF1517
UF1517, former Southdown 517, a Dennis 30cwt with Short B19R body new in 1927 now preserved at the Amberley Museum. Photographed at the Worthing Bus Rally, one of the better rallies and running days in the South.
Photo taken Sunday 28 July 2013, Marine Parade, Worthing
4. TE7870
Dating from 1928, TE7870 is a Dennis E, currently owned by the Buckland Omnibus Company of Woodbridge in Suffolk, and is still in use for private hires. It originally carried a Brush body rear entrance body which was replaced in 1974 with a Wyatt B29D body. It was new to Accrington Corporation as their 57.
Photo taken 1989
5. CC8671
CC8671, a 1929 Dennis Toastrack with Roberts 17 seat bodywork. Former Llandudno U.D.C. No2.
Photo taken Sunday 17 July 2005, Alton
6. CC9424
This Dennis GL with Roberts toastrack body, CC9424, was new to Llandudno UDC in 1929.
Photo taken Saturday 13 August 2016, North Parade, Llandudno
7. EA4181
Preserved West Bromwich EA4181, a Dennis ES with a Dixon B32F body from 1929.
Photo taken Sunday 5 May 1968, A23, South of Crawley
8. CC9424
New to Llandudno UDC in 1930, this Dennis GL carries a 19 seat toastrack body by Charles Roberts who would go on to build a number of bodies in the post war era as well as Sheffields last trams. When photographed CC9424 was hard at work on the Whitby town tour.
Photo taken Tuesday 24 May 2005, Whitby
9. JN955
At one time City Coach was in competition with Westcliff on the London-Southend route, but in 1934 the Westcliff timings were taken over along with the batch of Dennis single deckers which had been used by Westcliff. One of these, JN955, is seen here somewhere in the north London suburbs en route to Southend.
10. KO3549
Another, even smaller, vehicle taken over by City Coaches was this little Dennis, DE1, KO5349, in Brentwood High Street.
Photo taken High Street, Brentwood
11. PY7510
Dennis PY7510, no further details known
12. AEV764
Eastern National 3394, AEV764, a Dennis Lancet built ca 1932 with ECOC B32R bodywork, seen here posed for a publicity shot in Lowestoft prior to delivery.
Photo taken ca 1932, Lowestoft
13. AEV766
Eastern National Dennis Lancets lined up prior to delivery. This batch runs from 3394 (AEV764) to 3405 (AEV775) having ECOC B32R bodywork built ca 1932.
Photo taken ca 1932, ECOC Works, Lowestoft
14. MJ4549
Dennis Lancet MJ4549 with Short B32F body, originally with Smiths of Westoning in 1932 became a caravan in 1946, preserved 1974 by Roy Miles and still with the same family.
Photo taken Sunday 21 May 2017, Whittlesey
15. TJ836
Preserved Entwistle, Morecambe, TJ836, a Dennis Dart built in 1933 with Duple C20F bodywork.
Photo taken August 1976, Harrogate Stray
16. BTA59
BTA59 is a 1934 Dennis Mace with ECOC B26F body. As Southern National 668 it was based in North Devon mainly at Ilfracombe. In 1952 it was sold to the coxswain of the Appledore lifeboat and converted to a mobile caravan. It was then sold to a family in the Midlands who used it for holidays until 1985.
Photo taken Saturday 20 September 2014, Kingsbridge Bus Station
17. CZ4616
Belfast 88, CZ4616, was a 1934 built Dennis Lancet with a Burlingham body that was rebodied in 1949 by Harkness B31F. It which remained in service with Belfast Corporation until withdrawal in 1956.
Photo taken end April 1951, Royal Avenue, Belfast
18. DL9013
A pair of Southern Vectis buses converted to service vehicles, on the left 403, DL9013, a Dennis Ace new in July 1934 with a Harrington 20 seat single deck body, converted to a lorry in September 1954. Alongside is BOW168, a Bristol L5G with Beadle B34F body new to Hants & Dorset in July 1938. It was converted by H&D to a tree cutter for Southern Vectis in the winter of 1951/2.
Photo taken June 1960, Ryde Garage, Isle of Wight
19. DL9013
Second shot of Southern Vectis service vehicles DL9013 and BOW168
Photo taken June 1960, Ryde Garage, Isle of Wight
20. DL9014
Southern Vectis 404, DL9014, a 1934 Dennis Ace with Harrington body. These vehicles were colloquially known as Flying Pigs for obvious reasons.
Photo taken August 1955, Isle of Wight
21. DL9015
Preserved Southern Vectis 405, DL9015, a 1934 Dennis Ace with Harrington B20F body
Photo taken Sunday 21 July 2013, Anstey Park, Alton
22. HE6320
Yorkshire Traction bought twenty Dennis Lancets in 1934, nineteen with Roe and one with Metro Cammell B32F bodies. HE6320, one of the Roe bodied ones, numbered 407, went on loan, along with seven others, to Northern Ireland Road Transport Board in 1941, returning in March 1942. It was fitted with a Gardner 5LW engine in February 1946 and was withdrawn in 1951. It passed to Jones (showman), Castlethwaite and was last licensed in June 1960. It is seen here at Hunslet Feast.
Photo taken Tuesday 5 August 1958, Hunslet Leeds
23. YD9533
Dennis built a number of small chassis prior to the second world war, One such was the Ace. Southern National 3660, YD9533, dates from 1934 with a twenty seat body built by the chassis builder .The Aces snout like front gave rise to the nickname "flying pig" for this bus.
Photo taken 1992, Trans-Pennine Rally, Harrogate
24. YG5735
West Yorkshire 113, YG5735, a Dennis Ace built in 1934 with ECOC B20F bodywork.
Photo taken 1934, Lowestoft
25. AWT592
Dennis Ace AWT592 of Hodder, Slaidburn, new in May 1935 with the 1937 Eastern Coachworks B20F body ex West Yorkshire 611, BWT757, together with East Lancs C21F bodied Thornycroft Dainty ATF852 of Walker, Slaidburn new in 1936.
Photo taken Sunday 27 April 1958, Dunsop Bridge
26. CZ7010
Farrans of Colchester real veteran was this Dennis Lancet, CZ7010, new to Belfast Corporation in 1935 as their 99, but rebodied in 1951 by Harkness. It was withdrawn in 1956. The contractor was involved with building new barracks at Reed Hall, Colchester.
Photo taken Saturday 20 February 1965, at Reed Hall, Colchester
27. JG4241
East Kent JG4241, a Dennis Ace with ECOC DP20F bodywork built to the design of East Kent. This had a sliding panel roof.
Photo taken ca 1935, Lowestoft
28. JU7225
Browns Blue, Markfield JU7225, a Dennis Lancet new in October 1935 with Willowbrook C31F body. Ex Hipwells, Ibstock in 1946, scrapped in 1957.
Photo taken May 1950, outside Browns Blue Garage, Ibstock
29. NJ6603
A shot taken at the Beckley premises of Dengates and shows fleet No11, NJ6603, a 1935 Dennis Lancet with a Thurgood B32F body. It was purchased new by Dengates and was withdrawn in 1954 when it became a static office as seen here. It remained in this capacity until the early 60s when it was scrapped. The double decker is DCT486, the 1948 Crossley DD42/5 with Willowbrook H28/26R bodywork. New to Delaine, Bourne, it was acquired by Dengates in 1959 and withdrawn in 1963. It was sold to Cowleys in 1965.
Photo taken early 1960s?, Beckley
30. EZ3696
Dennis Lancet Coach EZ3696 with Strachans B36R body new in 1936 to WJ Clements (The Major), Belfast. Major ran Belfast to Gilnahirk; the service passed to the Corporation in 1945, but the vehicles went to Londonderry & Lough Swilly although this Dennis was not one of them.
31. JU7854
Brown, Markfield JU7854 new in 1936 with a Willowbrook DP39F body was a Dennis Lancet II which was rebodied in 1955 with a Yeates Riviera FC37F body as seen here at Ascot.
Photo taken Saturday 21 June 1958, Ascot
32. AWT592
1935 Dennis Ace AWT592 of Hodder, Slaidburn seen at the garage in Slaidburn. The Eastern Coachworks B20F body, dating from 1937, had come from West Yorkshire 611, BWT757, and was fitted in 1949.
Photo taken Sunday 27 April 1958, Slaidburn
33. AWT592
Dennis Ace AWT592 of Hodder, Slaidburn, new in May 1935 with the 1937 Eastern Coachworks B20F body ex West Yorkshire 611, BWT757, together with East Lancs C21F bodied Thornycroft Dainty ATF852 of Walker, Slaidburn new in 1936 in the background.
Photo taken Sunday 27 April 1958, Slaidburn
34. JG8720
Preserved East Kent JG8720, a 1937 Dennis Lancet with Park Royal body
Photo taken Saturday 16 February 2008, Hawkhurst
35. CAH921
Bickers, Coddenham ran CAH921 a Dennis Ace 4LK new to Eastern Counties in January 1938 with an E.C.W. B20F body. Upon withdrawal in 1949 the engine and gearbox were removed for use in the E.C.W. chassisless CD class in 1950. Sold to Bickers it was fitted with a Dennis engine and gearbox and entered service in June 1952, was withdrawn in November 1959 and was noted derelict on the premises in May 1965.
Photo taken Saturday 1 November 1958, Electric House, Ipswich
36. FUF181
Dennis single decker "Polly", FUF181 is branded "Eastbourne Old (Peoples?) Welfare Council" and is parked in the Eastbourne garage. It was one of a pair of Dennis Falcons with Harrington B30C bodywork delivered to Southdown in 1939 and survives today.
Photo taken 1960s, Churchdale Road Garage
37. CHV143
Horseshoe, London N15 were the operators of this Dennis Lancet III, CHV143, with a Duple C35F body seen at Wembley Stadium. It had been new to Broadway, London E.6 in 1947 passing to Horseshoe in 1956.
Photo taken Saturday 18 April 1959, Wembley
38. EAY58
Brown's Blue, Markfield EAY58, a Dennis Lancet III, had been new to Brown in May 1947 with a Yeates C35F body. In October 1959 it was rebodied with the Yeates Riviera FC37F body from Dennis Lancet AAY6 which itself had been rebodied in April 1955 and withdrawn in September 1959.
Photo taken Saturday 9 February 1963, St Margaret's Bus Station, Leicester
39. FNG818
Eastern Counties D999, FNG818, new in 1947 was a Beadle-Dennis integral with a Beadle B33R body seen at Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough. It had a Gardner 4LK engine and Dennis units from United Counties 504 (VV7278) and was withdrawn later in 1959.
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
40. CFN154
Preserved East Kent CFN154, a Dennis Lancet III with Park Royal body, new in February 1948.
Photo taken Sunday 25 May 2008, Farnham Station
41. CTL652
Worth, Enstone CUD373, a Daimler CVD6 with Wilks & Meade C33F body was new to him in January 1948 and, after withdrawal in December 1960 was sold to P.V.D. (Dealer), Dunchurch. Alongside is Jarvis, Middle Barton CTL652, a Dennis Lancet III with a Yeates C35F body dating from February 1948 which had been acquired from Judd, Byfield in December 1957.
Photo taken Wednesday 20 August 1958, Gloucester Green, Oxford
42. ENT709
Smith, Reading acquired ENT709 in June 1957 from Lowe & Son, Trench. It was a Dennis J3 Lancet III with a Yeates C35F body which had been new in 1948 to Lowe.
Photo taken Sunday 17 May 1959, Whipsnade Zoo
43. GAA609
Aldershot & District 973, GAA609, was a Dennis J3 Lancet with a Strachan C32R body seen at Ascot.
Photo taken Saturday 21 June 1958, Ascot
44. JWJ75
Another Claribel (Lees) motor from Birmingham, JWJ75, a Dennis Lancet 3, but I have differing body info.
Photo taken Lichfield Road, Aston
45. KYA582
KYA582 of Archbishop Holgate's Grammar School, York is seen outside the City Walls. It was a Dennis Lancet III with a Harrington C33F body with a Dorsal Fin which had been new in August 1948 to Hawkins (Scarlet Coaches), Minehead and had been acquired in September 1962 from Beardon, Burlescombe in Devon.
Photo taken Sunday 18 April 1965, City Walls, Foss Islands Road, York
46. KYA582
Our school bus KYA582 was the first of many, a 1948 Dennis Lancet 3 with a Harrington dorsal fin body.
Photo taken 1965, Archbishop Holgate's Grammar School, York
47. ASV900
The driver of preserved Safeway Services coach ASV900 has time to speak to passengers at the end of his journey. Vehicle is a Dennis Lancet 3 with a Reading C33F body from 1949.
Photo taken Sunday 15 April 2012, Aldridge
48. CFN118
New in 1949 East Kent CFN118 was a Dennis J3 Lancet with a Park Royal B35R body which was, supposedly, converted to C32R in April 1951 before reverting to B35R in November 1953. It was photographed at Hythe.
Photo taken Sunday 28 December 1958, Hythe
49. CFN121
Preserved ex-East Kent CFN121, a 1949 Dennis Lancet with Park Royal single deck body
Photo taken Sunday 2 November 2003, Open Day, LVVS Road Transport Museum, Lincoln
50. GOU815
Aldershot & District GOU815, which had a Strachans B32R body, was a Dennis J3 Lancet and was one of twenty-three new in 1949 although it was not numbered 115 until late in 1950. It is seen just inside the entrance to the Farnham Road Bus Station in Guildford,
Photo taken Monday 31 August 1959, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
51. LJH665
LJH665 is a Dennis Lancet J3 with Duple C25F body dating from 1949 and fully restored in 2007. Part of Quantock Motors fleet it has been offered for sale over the last few years as Stephen Morris downsizes his collection of half cab vehicles. Seen during the 2010 Quantock Motors running weekend
Photo taken Friday 30 April 2010, Bishop's Lydeard, entering Quantock Motor Services site
52. CGV70
CGV70, a Dennis Lancet III with a Thurgood C35F body in the small fleet of W.Norfolk and Sons of Nayland, new to Norfolk in June 1950.
Photo taken Saturday 17 April 1965, Colchester Bus Station
53. CGV70
Seen near the garage of Norfolk, Nayland is CGV70, a Dennis J3 Lancet with a Thurgood C35F body new to him in June 1950.
Photo taken Sunday 14 February 1965, Bear Street, Nayland
54. CHE345
Yorkshire Traction 853, CHE345, was a Dennis Lancet III with Brush B32F body of 1950.
Photo taken 1960, Pond Street Bus Park, Sheffield
55. CHE360
Yorkshire Traction 868, CHE360, Dennis Lancet III with Brush B32F body, one of thirty Lancets delivered in 1950, 24 as buses and 6 as coaches.
Photo taken Saturday 9 May 1959, Barnsley Bus Station
56. EFN566
EFN562 and EFN566 were two of a batch of 10 Dennis Falcons with Dennis B20F bodies, new to East Kent Road Car Co. in 1950.
Photo taken early 1960s
57. EFN568
Preserved ex East Kent EFN568, a 1950 Dennis Falcon P3 with Dennis B29F bodywork is seen here participating in the 2003 Worthing Rally.
Photo taken July 2003, Marine Parade, Worthing
58. EFN570
Looking very much like a pre-war vehicle East Kent EFN570, a Dennis P3 Falcon with a Dennis B20F body, was new in 1950 and was one-man operated from new. It was converted to B25F (o.m.o.) In May 1956 and further converted to B29F (o.m.o.) in February 1959.
Photo taken Sunday 28 December 1958
59. EFN577
East Kent Dennis J3 Lancet EFN577 with a Park Royal C32F body seen in Sutherland Street, near Victoria Coach Station was new in 1950.
Photo taken Saturday 28 June 1958, Sutherland Street, near London Victoria Coach Station
60. EFN584
East Kent EFN584, a 1950 Dennis Lancet III with Park Royal C32F body.
Photo taken Saturday 31 March 2012, Kent Showground, Detling
61. EFN584
Seen climbing New Bank in Halifax, on its way to Harrogate on the Trans-Pennine Rally, is preserved East Kent EFN584, a Dennis J3 Lancet with a Park Royal C32F body.
Photo taken Sunday 6 August 1972, New Bank, Halifax
62. EFN589
East Kent EFN589, a Dennis Lancet III was built in 1950 with a Park Royal C32F body, but was downgraded to bus duties in 1961.
Photo taken 1962, Canterbury Bus Station
63. EFN592
Another vehicle which Brian had not seen before, East Kent Dennis coach EFN592, also working on the internal bus service.
Photo taken Saturday 6 April 2013, Kent Showground, Detling
64. EFN592
Former East Kent EFN592, a Dennis Lancet J3 with Park Royal body of 1950 survived into preservation through use by a Deal garage as a promotional vehicle.
Photo taken Wednesday 20 August 1980, Seafront, Deal
65. FBO350
FBO350, a Dennis J3 Lancet with a D.J. Davies C33F body was seen in the vicinity of Waterloo Station, London. This had been new to Forse, Cardiff in April 1950 and was one of twenty-one vehicles passing from Forse to Western Welsh in April 1956. It passed to Gordon Garages, Leigh-on-Sea in May 1959 before being acquired by Dennis Brothers Athletic Club, Guildford in October 1961. According to the Western Welsh Fleet History (PG7) It was sold for preservation to Mouser, Ipswich in 1961 which seems doubtful.
Photo taken Sunday 21 February 1971, near London Waterloo Station
66. GOU853
Aldershot & District 153, GOU853, new in 1950 was one of fifteen Dennis P3 Falcons with Dennis B20F (later B24F) bodies.
Photo taken Thursday 28 August 1958, Aldershot Bus Station
67. GOU860
New as Aldershot & District 160 in June 1950, GOU860 was a Dennis P3 Falcon with Dennis B20R body and it is seen here in Guildford (Farnham Road) Bus Station after having been rebuilt to B24F.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
68. GWN432
When it was new in 1950, this Dennis Lancet J3, GWN432, carried a half cab body by Yeates. In 1960 it was rebodied with this neat affair by the small coach builder Thurgood of Ware. It carries the livery of of Horseshoe Coaches of Tottenham.
Photo taken Sunday 19 September 2010, Meadowhall, Sheffield
69. GWN432
GWN432 is a 1950 Dennis Lancet J3. When new it carried a Yeates half cab body which was destroyed by fire and it was subsequently rebodied with this Thurgood coach body in 1960.
Photo taken Sunday 20 July 2014, Normanby Hall Country Park, near Scunthorpe
70. HOU899
Aldershot & District 173, HOU899, was one of eleven Dennis J10 Lancets with Strachans B38R bodies which were new in 1950, although four of them (171/2/84/5) did not enter service until 1951. It is seen in the Farnham Road Bus Station in Guildford.
Photo taken Monday 31 August 1959, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
71. HOU901
The first of eleven Aldershot & District Dennis J10 Lancets with Strachan B38R bodies 175, HOU901, new in 1950 is seen on service 49 to Bramley at Guildford (Farnham Road) Bus Station.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
72. HOU904
Former Aldershot and District 178, HOU904, Dennis Lancet 3 with Strachan B38R body new in 1950.
Photo taken Sunday 4 June 2006, Aldershot
73. HOU904
Preserved Aldershot & District 178, HOU904, a Dennis Lancet 3 with Strachan B38R body new in 1950.
Photo taken mid 1970s, Yate Station Yard, Gloucestershire
74. HOU904
Rear view of preserved Aldershot & District 178, HOU904, a Dennis Lancet 3 with Strachan B38R body new in 1950.
Photo taken mid 1970s, Yate Station Yard, Gloucestershire
75. HOU905
Aldershot & District 179, HOU905, was one of eleven Dennis J10 Lancets with Strachans B38R bodies which were new in 1950, although four of them (171/2/84/5) did not enter service until 1951. Seen in Farnham Road adjacent to the Bus Station in Guildford.
Photo taken Monday 31 August 1959, Farnham Road, Guildford
76. HOU911
Aldershot & District 185, HOU911, a Dennis J10 Lancet with Strachan B38R body new in 1950 seen at Woking Station. This was the last of a batch of twelve such vehicles.
Photo taken Saturday 15 November 1958, Woking Station
77. HPW824
Eastern Counties CD839, HPW824, was an E.C.W.-Dennis with an Eastern Coachworks B32R body built in 1950. It had a Gardner 4LK engine, a Dennis gearbox and other components from withdrawn Dennis Ace vehicles.
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
78. HPW829
New in 1950 Eastern Counties CD844, HPW829, was an E.C.W.-Dennis, one of sixteen such buses reconstructed from withdrawn Dennis Ace vehicles and fitted with Eastern Coachworks B32R bodies. It was seen at Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
Photo taken Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
79. KGY940
Premier Travel 113, KGY940, a Dennis Lancet J3 with Duple C35F body new in 1950, which Premier acquired in August 1958 from Popular of London E16. It was withdrawn in 1963.
Photo taken c.1959, Pentonville Road Coach Station, London Kings Cross
80. PTW451
Blackwell, Earls Colne PTW451 was a Dennis J3 Lancet with a Yeates C35F body new to him in 1950 which was seen in Braintree.
Photo taken Saturday 6 December 1958, Braintree Bus Park
81. HB7145
Merthyr 60, HB7145, a Dennis Lancet single decker with Davies B35R body new in 1951. Another of the rebodied ex-Exeter Daimlers, GFJ51 is visible on the left.
Photo taken Merthyr depot (?)
82. HB7162
One of many treats to be found amongst the superannuated Mid Wales Motorways fleet in Welshpool. The vehicle shown is HB7162, a Dennis chassis with Davies bodywork, new to Merthyr Tydfil Borough Council in the 1951 she was one of several vehicles acquired by MWMC from MTBC (including HB7145, HB7164 & HB7154) in 1962.
Photo taken Sunday 11 August 1963, Welshpool
83. HB7165
One of many treats to be found amongst the superannuated Mid Wales Motorways fleet in Welshpool. The vehicle shown is the Company tow-truck HB7165, a Dennis chassis, new to Merthyr Tydfil Borough Council in the 1951 she was one of several vehicles acquired by MWMC from MTBC (including HB7145, HB7162 & HB7164) in 1962.
Photo taken Sunday 11 August 1963, Welshpool
84. HNT886
HNT886 was a Dennis L6 Falcon with a Yeates C33F body seen at Ascot with Blue Bus, Slough. It was new in 1951 to Jones, Market Drayton and was acquired from Soul, Chessington in May 1959. Blue Bus ran a daily service from Windsor to Maidenhead.
Photo taken Saturday 23 June 1962, Ascot
85. HOU900
Aldershot 174, HOU900, was a Dennis Dominant with a Strachans B41C body new in 1951 which was seen at the garage in Aldershot.
Photo taken Saturday 9 January 1965, Aldershot Garage
86. J5742
Two disused JMT buses at Onibury, on the right J5742, a Dennis L8 Falcon with a Reading B34F body new in 1951 and on the left J13535, a 1949 Albion Victor with Reading body
Photo taken Sunday 30 April 1972, Onibury, Shropshire
87. MUP592
Grahams of Winlaton Mill, Co Durham (trading as Primrose Coaches) were operators of MUP592, a Dennis Lancet III with an imposing Gurney Nutting FC37F body, probably dating from 1951.
Photo taken 1960, Royal Crescent, West Cliff, Whitby
88. NBH856
NBH856 was a Dennis J10A Lancet III with a Yeates C37F body of Dell (Rover), Chesham new to him in 1951 which is seen here at Wembley with the Wembley Arena building in the background.
Photo taken Saturday 18 April 1959, Wembley
89. J3777
Four Dennis L8 Falcons joined the Jersey Motor Transport fleet in 1951, followed by a further two in 1952. J3777, numbered 15, was one of the 1952 deliveries and had a Reading B34F body, entering service in July 1952.
Photo taken Monday 6 June 1966, Jersey
90. KUY18
A shot taken by John in the early 60's at Lees (Claribel) depot in Birmingham of KUY18, a Dennis Lancet with Gurney Nutting FC35F body, new in 1952 to Swanbrook, Staverton Gloucs .
Photo taken early 1960s, Lichfield Road, Aston
91. SPD207
New in October 1952 to Yellow Bus Services, SPD207 was a Dennis L6 Falcon with Gurney Nutting B30F bodywork. It is seen here in Guildford (Farnham Road) Bus Station.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
92. L6030
La Primera del Flamisell, Pobla de Segur, L-6030, a Dennis Lancet J5 built ca 1953 with Ayats B37D bodywork.
Photo taken August 1968, Pobla de Segur, Spain
93. LAA223
Aldershot and District 188, LAA223, a Dennis Lancet J10C with Strachan C38F body, new in 1953.
Photo taken c. 1956, London Victoria Coach Station
94. LAA230
Aldershot & District 195, LAA230, was was one of fifteen Dennis J10 Lancets with Strachans C38R bodies, new in 1953 and is seen in Victoria Coach Station.
Photo taken Saturday 13 May 1961, Victoria Coach Station, London
95. RPG492
Finchley Coaches RPG492 was a Dennis L6 Falcon with a Burlingham C33F body new as number 12 in the fleet of Cooke, Stoughton. It is recorded as being new in January 1953 although the others in the batch, RPG 491/3-6 were new March/April 1952 !
Photo taken early January 1959
96. HJG18
East Kent HJG18, a Dennis Lancet with Duple C41C body, new in 1954
Photo taken c. 1956, London Victoria Coach Station
97. HJG4
East Kent HJG4 was a Duple Ambassador IV C41C bodied Dennis Lancet UF new in 1954 seen at Victoria Coach Station. It had been new as C26C for touring coach duties and was upseated in March 1957.
Photo taken Saturday 19 July 1958, London Victoria Coach Station
98. JDW89
Newport ran some Dennis Lancets and here is seen 37, JDW89, the only one with front vertical engine. It was new in 1954 and carried D.J. Davies FB38F bodywork remaining in service until 1967.
Photo taken Thursday 16 August 1962, Skinner Street, Newport
99. KDW259
Former Newport Corporation 39, KDW259, a Dennis Lancet UF with Davies B44F body, new in 1954.
Photo taken September 1968, Blacker Hill, near Barnsley
100. LOU65
Ex-Aldershot and District Dennis Falcon LOU65 with Strachan bodywork, photographed while in service with Vagg of Knockin Heath.
Photo taken Saturday 1 June 1968, Shrewsbury
101. LOU67
Dating from 1954, LOU67 was one of fifteen Dennis P5 Falcons with Strachan B30F bodies. Seen in Guildford (Farnham Road) Bus Station 239 is loading for Loxwood on service 49.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
102. VPA261
Yellow Bus Services Ltd. VPA261 seen at Onslow Street Bus Station in Guildford was a Dennis L9 Falcon with Duple C35F coachwork new in June 1954.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Onslow Street Bus Station, Guildford
103. VPA262
Yellow Bus Services Ltd. VPA262 seen at Onslow Street Bus Station in Guildford was a Dennis L9 Falcon with Duple C35F coachwork new in June 1954.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Onslow Street Bus Station, Guildford
104. TYC319
Hutchings & Cornelius, South Petherton ran two of these Dennis Lancet UFs with Strachan DP41F bodies supplied in April 1955. Here TYC319 is seen at the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 19 May 1968, South Petherton
105. 29HMN
Isle of Man Road Services 29 and 28, 29HMN and 28HMN, were ex-Aldershot & District (282/281, POR428/POR427) Dennis Falcons with Strachan B30F bodies of 1956. Bought by IOMRS in 1967, they are seen just after withdrawal from service.
Photo taken Friday 5 September 1975, Ramsey Bus Station, Isle of Man
106. 530BPG
New in October 1956 as a demonstrator, 530BPG was the only Dennis Pelican to enter service. It had a Duple Midland B44F body and was acquired by Yellow Bus Services in March 1957. It is seen here in Onslow Street Bus Station in Guildford.
Photo taken Saturday 14 June 1958, Onslow Street Bus Station, Guildford
107. LDW501
Newport’s underfloor engined Dennis Lancets are represented by 43, LDW501, one of eight such vehicles with a D.J. Davies B42R body new in 1956.
Photo taken Thursday 16 August 1962, Dock Street, Newport
108. LDW502
Newport 44, LDW502, an underfloor engined Dennis Lancet with D.J. Davies B42R bodywork. This view shows the unusual arrangement of the rear entrance.
Photo taken Thursday 16 August 1962, Upper Dock Street, Newport
109. POR421
Aldershot & District Dennis P5 Falcon 275, POR421, with a Strachan B30F body, seen at Farnham Road Bus Station in Guildford, was the first of eight new in 1956.
Photo taken Saturday 4 October 1958, Farnham Road Bus Station, Guildford
110. POR428
Rear view of preserved ex-Aldershot and District 282, POR428, a Dennis Falcon with
Photo taken Sunday 18 July 2010, Alton
111. POR428
Preserved ex-Aldershot and District 282, POR428, a Dennis Falcon with Strachan B30F body, new in 1956.
Photo taken Sunday 11 September 2011, East Anglia Transport Museum, Carlton Colville
112. 239DPC
Seen here at Ascot racecourse, Blue Bus Services Limited, Slough 239DPC, a Dennis LU2 Lancet with a Burlingham DP41F body had been new in 1957 to Cooke, Stoughton and had been acquired in March 1965.
Photo taken Saturday 19 June 1965, Ascot Racecourse
113. YYB118
Three of these Dennis Lancet UFs with Harrington B42F bodies were supplied in 1957 to Hutchings & Cornelius, South Petherton. YYB118 was new in August and is seen outside the garage.
Photo taken Sunday 19 May 1968, South Petherton
114. 298FPK
Seen at Wembley Stadium was 298FPK, a Plaxton Consort II C41F bodied Dennis LU5 Lancet, number 25 in the fleet of Cooke, Stoughton.
Photo taken Saturday 18 April 1959, Wembley
115. 5999NO
5999NO of Walthamstow Borough Council, seen at Wembley, was a Dennis Stork with a B30F body by Sully, Blackford and Hawkey of Leyton which had been new in September 1958.
Photo taken Saturday 11 April 1959, Wembley Stadium
116. UYW68
UYW68 was one of two Dennis LU4 Lancets new to Glenton, London S.E.14 in March 1958 and had a Plaxton Consort II C32F body. It passed to Liss & District, Grayshott t/a Grayshott Coaches in October 1964 and was reseated to C37F by April 1965. It is seen here at the garage in Grayshott. The different position of the front corner pillars between the two years construction can be seen with WLK71, built in 1959, having wider screens. UYW69 joined UYW68 in November 1966 having been with Williamson, Billingshurst since January 1965.
Photo taken Sunday 2 May 1965, Grayshott
117. WLK71
WLK71 seen here with Liss & District, Grayshott t/a Grayshott Coaches, was one of three Dennis LU4 Lancets with Plaxton Consort IV C32F bodies new to Glenton, London S.E.14 in March 1959, passing to Liss & District in October 1964, being reseated to C41F. The other two, WLK 70/2, and Dennis LU5 Lancet YLX 73 followed in September 1965 and were similarly reseated between October 1965 and April 1966.
Photo taken Sunday 2 May 1965, Grayshott
118. WLK71
Glenton, London S.E.14 entered WLK71, a Dennis LU Lancet with a Plaxton Consort IV body in the British Coach Rally and it is seen on Madeira Drive at Brighton.
Photo taken Sunday 19 April 1959, Madeira Drive, Brighton
119. 5820VW
The last of the Walthamstow Borough Council Dennis Storks with Sully, Blackford and Hawkey of Leyton B30F bodies, 5820VW, was new in May 1960 and after being with the London Borough of Waltham Forest from April 1965 until around May 1968 found further use with the 2nd Walthamstow Sea Scout Group. London E.17.
Photo taken Saturday 1 July 1972, Gilwell Park
120. FJC736F
Now restored to Llandudno livery, FJC736F was one of two Dennis Pax with Dennis B33F bodies. Seen here on the Sunday evening road run around the Great Orme as part of the Llandudno Transport Festival 2014.
Photo taken Sunday 4 May 2014, Great Orme
121. FJC737F
Llandudno FJC737F, a Dennis Pax with Dennis B33F body, one of two unusual little service buses.
Photo taken Wednesday 7 July 1976, Mostyn Street, Llandudno
122. FJC737F
Llandudno Dennis FJC737F on the climb up to St. Tudno's Church, proving that at least this one carried the red and grey livery.
Photo taken Ty-Gwyn Road/Llwynon Road, Llandudno