SCT '61 Photo Index
Click on any thumbnail for a full size photo
Bournemouth 186, FRU104, new in 1943 was a Bedford OWB with a Mulliner B32F body which was reseated to B29F by 1950 and converted to OB25F in 1954.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1958, Bournemouth Pier
Bournemouth 187, FRU105, new in 1943 was a Bedford OWB with a Mulliner B32F body which was reseated to B29F by 1950 and converted to OB25F in 1954.
Photo taken Saturday 6 September 1958, Bournemouth Pier
Bedford OB DCA574 with Mulliner body. Owner not known
City Coach B28, KTW241 was a Bedford OB with a Perkins P6 oil engine and a Mulliner B32F body, new in August 1946. Passed to WMS in 1952 but was never renumbered and sold to Hipperson (contractor), Dagenham c. August 1952.
Photo taken Laindon Station
Towards the end of the war and shortly after, various new small buses were acquired by City Coach for the country routes based on Brentwood (although they also regularly appeared in Southend). This Commer, formerly C5, KTW247, parked outside Tyler's Avenue depot, was new in 1946 and has a Mulliner body which looks to be to utility standards.
Photo taken Tylers Avenue, Southend
Reading 70, CRD593, seen at Reading Stations was a Bedford OB with a Mulliner B32F body, one of six new in 1947.
Photo taken Saturday 28 June 1958, Reading Stations
Dengate, Beckley 25, DUX160, a Mulliner B32F bodied Bedford OB new in 1947 to Jones, Market Drayton 14 was acquired in May 1954 from Perrin, Paddock Wood to whom it had passed from Jones in November 1948. It was seen in Hastings.
Photo taken Saturday 21 February 1959, Wellington Square, Hastings
Booth & Fisher, Halfway KGY270 was acquired in 1959 from London County Council. It was a Bedford OB with a Mulliner B30F body which had been new in 1947 as a non-P.S.V school bus with London County Council, when it was B31F and numbered 1612.
Photo taken Sunday 14 August 1966, Booth & Fisher Garage, Halfway
Photographed in the yard of Mid Wales Motorways of Welshpool is this Bedford OB, EP9548.
Photo taken Sunday 11 August 1963, Welshpool
Banstead Coaches started operation in 1950 with the limited company being formed in 1958 and HCG581 was a Bedford OB with a Mulliner B31F body which had been new in 1949 to Ford, Silchester. Banstead acquired it in November 1958.
Photo taken Saturday 4 April 1959, western end of High Street, Banstead
Banstead Coaches started operation in 1950 with the limited company being formed in 1958 and HCG581 was a Bedford OB with a Mulliner B31F body which had been new in 1949 to Ford, Silchester. Banstead acquired it in November 1958 and it is seen here outside The Mid Day Sun in Outwood Lane at Chipstead.
Photo taken Saturday 4 April 1959, Outwood Lane, Chipstead
Jersey Motor Transport 79, J13535, seen at Onibury after sale to Amos (dealer), Ludlow, was an Albion FT39N Victor with a Mulliner B34F body.
Photo taken Thursday 5 August 1971, Onibury
Johnson Brothers of Brae, Shetland, NGY823, were operating this Mulliner bodied Bedford SBG from 1954 in the summer of 1973.
Photo taken August 1973, Brae, Shetland
ADN7730, an Austin CXD with a Mulliner B34F body was acquired from local operator Ahim Kassin in May 1960 by the newly formed Aden Bus Company Ltd.
Photo taken c.1960/2, Aden
Cornwallis, London N.19 ran this Guy Warrior, XUK768, with Mulliner C37C body which had been new as a demonstrator. It is seen at a busy Victoria Coach Station.
Photo taken Saturday 19 August 1961, London Victoria Coach Station
This Guy Warrior, 647BKL, carries a one off Mulliner body and dates from 1957. It is seen wearing an accurate version of United Auto livery from the fifties even down to the fleet number. Although United ran a few Guys this was not one of them!
Photo taken Sunday 27 March 2005, Kirkby Stephen Rally
Seen in Barnsley bus station is UWW769, a Guy Warrior 4HDC with a Mulliner DP43F body belonging to Mosley, Barugh Green. New in December 1957 to Morgan (Blue Line), Armthorpe it was acquired by Mosley in July 1961. Withdrawn in 1964 it passed to Spiers, Henley in February 1965 and to Sureline, Lurgan in June 1966. It then passed to Coalisland Gaelic Football Club, Coalisland in April 1970.
Photo taken Sunday 14 April 1963, Barnsley Bus Station
In 1957 Douglas Corporation bought a batch of Guy Otters with rare Mulliner bodywork. 9, WMN485, was withdrawn in 1970 and sold to Gateshead School where it was re-registered UTU596J.
Photo taken 1974, at Harrogate
Former Douglas Corporation 10, WMN486, a Guy Otter P6 from 1957 with Mulliner B26F bodywork.
Photo taken July 1976, Isle of Man
In a somewhat dishevelled state in the Oak Lane garage is West Bromwich 212, UEA212, a Leyland PSUC1/4 Tiger Cub, one of three with Mulliner B39R bodies new in 1958.
Photo taken Sunday 22 March 1964, Oak Lane Garage, West Bromwich
Rare Mulliner bodywork in B39R form was fitted to three Leyland PSUC1/4 Tiger Cubs in 1958 and 213, UEA213, the last of them is seen here.
Photo taken Sunday 13 April 1969, Oak Lane Garage, West Bromwich
Tyne Valley, Acomb, 9 UJR190H, a Bedford SB3 built in 1958 with Mulliner B36F bodywork.
Photo taken April 1972, Tyne Valley's Acomb garage
Douglas Corporation 33, XMN289, an AEC Reliance MU2RA built in 1958 with uncommon Mulliner B42F bodywork.
Photo taken July 1976, Douglas Bus Station, Isle of Man
Rochester & Marshall, Great Whittington, VJR362, a Bedford SB with Mulliner B36F bodywork.
Photo taken mid 1960s?, Corbridge Road, Hexham
Pontin's Holiday Camp, Hastings, YXA678, a Bedford SB with an Owen body.
Photo taken Wednesday 15 July 1970, Rock-a-Nore Road, Hastings