Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Halifax Joint Omnibus Committee Coat of Arms incorporating the individual coats of arms of Halifax Corporation, and the LMS and LNER railway companies - as re-applied to Regent III/Park Royal 277 to commemorate the Corporation's 70th Anniversary in 1968.
277 had been delivered in 1950, actually a couple of years after the railway companies had been nationalised and become British Railways. It is noteworthy that the insignia at the bottom centre had the letters 'HJC' intertwined, and not 'HJOC'. Many years later 277's preservationist owner Tony Blackman formed his own company 'Halifax Joint Committee' (without the word 'Omnibus') and used the 'HJC' insignia.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 6 May 1973, Brighton
©1973-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.