Photo © Peter Berry. Please do not re-post without permission.
(Soon to be) Calderdale JOC 329, BWU689H, a Leyland Leopard PSU4A/4R with Pennine DP43F body, new to Todmorden JOC (8) in 1969; 354, KWX14, a Leyland Titan PD2/12 with Leyland L27/26R body, new to Todmorden JOC (20) in 1951; West Yorkshire RCC SMG23, 831BWY, a Bristol MW6G with ECW B45F body, new in 1963.
329 became 3329 in the WYPTE fleet in 1974 and was sold at Central Motor Auctions in 1982;
354 was withdrawn at the actual time of the CJOC takeover and passed to Mulley, Ixworth, withdrawn in 1977 it passed to Hardwick, Barnsley for scrap:
SMG23 was renumbered 1131 in October 1971 and was withdrawn in 1974.
Though 329 and 354 were already masquerading as Calderdale JOC vehicles with CJOC fleet numbers and 329 in the green, orange and cream livery, they were technically still Todmorden JOC owned at the time of the photograph. The occasion was an enthusiasts' farewell tour to TJOC on the last day of operation. Though the takeover took place from the 6th of September 1971 the TJOC manager, Edward Metcalf, had taken early retirement with ill health some months previously and the Halifax GM, Geoffrey Hilditch, was appointed caretaker manager of TJOC and so had wasted no time in pre-empting the takeover by renumbering the fleet and painting some in the Halifax livery.
Photo taken by Peter Berry (John Stringer collection), 5 September 1971, Hebden Bridge Railway Station
©1971-2020 Peter Berry All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.