Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Halifax J.O.C. 298, DCP842, a Daimler CVG6 (re-engined with Leyland O600 1957/8) with Roe H35/26R body (re-seated from H33/25R), new to Halifax Corporation as 98 in 1954, and transferred to the JOC as 298 in 1967.
It was withdrawn in 1970, passing to Fisher & Ford, Carlton for scrap in 1971.
'Austin House' in Barum Top in the background was the car showroom of Greenwood's, who were the Austin dealers for Halifax. Their main premises were lower down the town in Horton Street. Even in BMC days there were two main dealers in Halifax- Greenwoods for Austins, and Park Motors just round the corner in Portland Place for Morris, Wolseley, Riley and MG.
Photo taken by John Stringer, August 1969, Bull Green, Halifax
©1969-2021 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.