Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Halifax 106, ACP390, seen at Bank Top, was a Leyland PD2/1 with a Leyland H30/26R body, new in November 1947 as number 341, becoming 106 in 1952. It, along with 100-105 (ex-335-340), ACP 384-389, also new in 1947, was re-seated to H33/26R in 1957-8.
The other two from the order, 342-3, ACP 391-2, later 107/8, were delivered in March 1948. After withdrawal 106 passed to Oldham Corporation 470 in January 1966, was withdrawn by Oldham in January 1969, and then passed to SELNEC, Manchester but was not operated and was sold for scrap in May 1970.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 16 September 1956, Bank Top, Halifax
©1956-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.