Photo © Linden Edwards. Please do not re-post without permission.
Two Huddersfield Corporation vehicles acquired with their takeover of Hanson's stage services in 1969, 69, VVH349 and 82, BCX485B.
On the left is 69, VVH349, an AEC/Hanson rebuild with Roe FB39F body. It had originated as 298, EVH809, a Regal III with Duple 'A' type C33F body new in 1950, which was rebuilt by Plaxton in 1954 with a Venturer-style full-front to FC33F and renumbered 329. In 1962 the body was scrapped, the chassis rebuilt by Hanson's and the new Roe body fitted, being renumbered again to 369.
On the right is 82, BCX485B, an AEC/Hanson Reliance rebuild with Roe B41F body. Originally 336, JCX753, an AEC Reliance with Plaxton Venturer C41C body, new in 1955. In 1964 the body was scrapped, the chassis rebuilt by Hanson's and the new Roe body fitted, being renumbered again to 382.
82 survived into WYPTE ownership with Kirklees District as 4082, being withdrawn in 1975 and sold to Autospares, Bingley, where it was still to be seen derelict in 1983.
Photo taken by Linden Edwards, posted by John Stringer, Manchester Street Bus Park, Huddersfield
©2017 Linden Edwards All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.