Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Hanson's Buses of Huddersfield XVH134, originally an AEC Regal III 9621E with handsome Duple D-type B35F body, numbered 292 and new in 1950, it was rebuilt, lengthened and rebodied by Roe as FB39F in 1963, and renumbered 376. It passed to Huddersfield Corporation on 1st October 1969 when they took over Hanson's stage services, retaining the same number and livery.
It is seen here in John William Street, Huddersfield on its way from the Hanson depot in St. Johns Road to take up service in the Bus Station, only a few weeks before the takeover. The building to the left is the lower side of the George Hotel, famous for being where the Rugby League was originally created.
Photo taken by John Stringer, August 1969, John William Street/Northumberland Street, Huddersfield
©1969-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.