Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Hanson's of Huddersfield 335, HVH211, an AEC Reliance MU3RV with Roe DP41F body, new in 1954.
It was converted to a training bus for Hanson's School of Motoring in 1967, and following the sale of the company's stage services to Huddersfield Corporation on 1st October 1969 it was retained by Hanson's for training until withdrawal in 1971. Hanson's SoM undertook PSV training commercially as well as for their own staff.
Hanson's Buses never operated in this area, but the instructor clearly knew it well and had some tricky hill starting practice in mind - Dog Kennel Bank here is positively level compared to what was probably to come a little further up !
Photo taken by John Stringer, July 1969, Dog Kennel Bank, approaching Lowerhouses, Huddersfield
©1969-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.