Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
In 1967 Highland Omnibuses received a considerable number of buses transferred from other SBG fleets including JD5, GCS226, a Leyland PD2/20 with Northern Counties L27/26R, one of four identical 1955 vehicles which came from Western SMT.
In total Western supplied 16 double deckers of various types whilst the three Alexander's companies supplied a total of 13 saloons. A number of the vehicles were already almost twenty years old and didn't last long with Highland.
JD5 is pictured at Kessock Ferry with the crew relaxing inside prior to a cross-city run to Dalneigh, a district much closer as the crow flies than by bus.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1969, Kessock Ferry
©1969-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.