Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
A line-up of Glasgow trolleybuses in the rain. The location is Muirend terminus and the trolley nearest the camera is TB55, FYS816, a BUT9613T with Crossley H37/34R bodywork which had originally seated 70.
She was delivered on 23 October 1957 but didn't enter service until 1 June 1958 in readiness for the introduction of service 106 (Millerston-Bellahouston) a fortnight later. After a working life of under nine years, she was withdrawn on 6 March 1967, two days after the conversion of services 107 and 108 to motorbus operation left just the 105 to soldier on for another 12 weeks.
The presence of three trolleys at once here suggests that two of them were on service 107 to Maitland Street and the other on service 105 to Queen's Cross. Certain journeys on service 105 turned off Clarkston Road at Muirend Cinema to proceed along Muirend Road to this point.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1966, Muirend Road at Hazelden Gardens, Muirend, Glasgow
©1966-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.