Photo © Stuart Little. Please do not re-post without permission.
GGPTE LA673, HGD879L, returns to Parkhead Garage after working a football special for Hampden Park.
First Glasgow closed Parkhead on 16th January 2016 and this was the last traditional GCT depot/garage in the city. It was opened in 1922 for trams, and operated the first motorbus service from December 1924. Trams and buses operated side by side until 1960 when the remaining tram service 15 was transferred to Dennistoun. Ex-Liverpool trams, Daimler single deckers and a large fleet of Albion Venturers were among the more unusual vehicles once housed there. The modern bus fleet has been transferred to Caledonia Depot.
Photo taken by Stuart Little, May 1976, Kings Park Drive, Glasgow
©1976-2020 Stuart Little All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.