Photo © Stuart Little. Please do not re-post without permission.
Glasgow SGD250, D267, a Daimler CVD6 with Alexander H33/28R body starting the long cross city journey from Millerston to Clarkston in August 1971. This was the last Daimler rear entrance bus to enter service with Glasgow Corporation in 1959 and was fitted initially with a Daimler engine and then a Gardner unit. Some of this batch were delivered in the previous green, cream and orange, but Alexanders was instructed to change to the livery shown mid-build.
Millerston was served by tram, trolleybus and motorbus and was adjacent to Hogganfield Loch park. The city boundary was just beyond the turn into Station Road where the trolleybus turning circle was situated and used by various motorbus services over the years after the 106 trolleybus service was withdrawn in 1966.
Photo taken by Stuart Little, August 1971, Cumbernauld Road, south of Station Road
©1971-2017 Stuart Little All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.