FYS495, GCT BS1, was an experimental chassis KP71NW, one of two built, and in this example for Glasgow Corporation had a Scottish Aviation BB39D body built in 1952.
The then General Manager, ERL Fitzpayne, was exploring the continental practice of more than one door and BS1 had a rear entrance/front exit. It ran from Kinghtswood Garage on Clydebank local routes and was sold back to Albion Motors in 1959
Photo taken by unknown GCT, Stuart Little collection, 1952, Knightswood Garage(?)
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.