SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Glasgow 1398 is seen at the terminus of route 3 at Mosspark. This was the last of six Coronation Mark Is built at Coplawhill in 1954 which seated 38/26 and which were mounted on ex-Liverpool E.M.B. Lightweight bogies acquired in 1948. It entered service on 7th October 1954 and was withdrawn on 26th November 1962. Only two of the six survived until the end, 1393/5/6/7 having been destroyed in the Dalmarnock Depot fire in 1961.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 9 April 1960, Mosspark Route 3 Terminus

©1960-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Glasgow Corporation ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: gl1398. Page and photo added October 2013
Cookie policy