Photo © Stuart Little collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
GCT 1106 was a Hurst Nelson bodied "Kilmarnock Bogie" car entering service in 1928. Once described as Glasgow's equivalent to the LCC "E 1" class of trams, as far as the running equipment specified, they were latterly confined to the 9 and 26 services.
Once a decision was taken in 1954 that no further overhauls were to be made on these trams, this badly reflected their condition in comparison with the rest of the fleet. This view, taken between August 1960 and 1106's withdrawal in 1961, illustrates their shocking appearance. 1115 is now a static exhibit at the Tramway Museum, Crich.
Photographer unknown, late 1960/early 1961, Dumbarton Road at Kingsway, Scotstoun West, Glasgow
©1961-2020 Stuart Little collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.