Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen in Victoria Coach Station is CTF438, a Leyland TS8, which had originally been Lancashire United Transport, Atherton number 157, the last of nine new in May 1938, with Roe B32F bodies.
In October 1953 it was rebodied, along with CTF 434/5 (in September) and similar vehicles, from March 1939, DTF 266/9/70 (in October), with a Plaxton Venturer II FC35F body and renumbered 502, It was withdrawn in 1960 and passed, in April 1961, to House (t/a Mercury Coaches), Boscombe, with whom it is seen here. House sold it to Baker (dealer) in September 1964.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 2 June 1962, Victoria Coach Station
©1962-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.