A very early shot of pioneering trolleybuses in Hastings. The system opened in 1928 using a fleet of Guy trolleybuses. Eight of these were Dodson bodied open top open staircase double deckers which were the only new build open top trolleybuses built. The rest of the fleet were centre entrance saloons with Ransome Sims and Jeffries bodywork. Both vehicles were on Guy BTX chassis The double decker is 1, DY4953, while the saloon is 22, DY5124.
One of the saloons' crew leans on the cab. The opening of the system was recorded on film for Guy Motors and the double decker featured prominently
Photo from Chris Hough collection, photographer unknown, taken late 1920s, Silverhill, Hastings
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.