Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Bradford 782, CBX912, stands outside Saltaire depot. It was new in 1946 to Llanelli (the Llanelly and District Electricity Supply Company as it was then) as their 46, one of a batch of twelve; following the nationalisation of the electricity industry in 1948 ownership passed to the South Wales Electricity Board who, four years later, sold it on to the local bus company, South Wales Transport. The system was in a poor condition by then and trolleybuses ran for the last time on 8 November 1952. Whilst Maidstone took two of the batch as complete vehicles, Bradford acquired the remaining ten as chassis only and had new East Lancs H35/28R bodies fitted.
The 'Llanellis' gave good service in their adoptive city, 782 entering service on 3 February 1956 and being one of the final three of the batch to be withdrawn on 30 June 1971.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1970, Saltaire Depot
©1970-2019 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.