Bradford bought many second hand trolleys in the 1950s and seen here is a rear view of 783, CBX913, a 1946 Karrier W new to Llanelly & District. Bradford bought the chassis from South Wales when the Llanelly system closed in 1953 and had new East Lancs bodies fitted. Heading back into the city is 720, DKY720, is a 1946 Karrier W bought new by Bradford and rebodied by East Lancs in 1957.
720 and 783 were both withdrawn in 1969. The bus the centre of the photo is 484, NNW484, a 1949 AEC Regent III with Roe body of Leeds City Transport, on the joint service between the two cities.
Photo taken by R B Parr from Chris Hough Collection, Saturday 19 May 1962, Leeds Road, Thornbury
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.