Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
A line up of Sheffield cars at Owlerton headed by 126, a 1933 Corporation built car, waiting for the football match to end. Tram 126 has its original livery (dark blue and cream, with lots of lining-out), also shown by what seems to be 169 to its right.
The cars are lined up on Parkside Road; this was officially listed as a “siding”, but linked the Wadsley Bridge and Middlewood routes and was used solely to park “football special” trams. By the time the photos were taken, the Middlewood route had been converted to buses (1954) and the track either lifted or tarred over, so Parkside Road really was a siding!
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 7 December 1957, Parkside Road, Owlerton, Sheffield
©1957-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.