Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen climbing through Middleton Woods on the last day of the tram service to Middleton is Leeds 532, an ex-London Feltham new as Metropolitan Electric Tramways 360, becoming London Passenger Transport Board 2104, which entered service in Leeds in April 1951. Built in 1931 by the Union Construction Company, Feltham, Middlesex, 532 seated 42/28 and the body was mounted on E.M.B. maximum traction bogies.
Having operated from Crossgates (18) as a Middleton 12 Circular, the driver has already changed the blind in readiness for its continuing through Middleton and Belle Isle to Halton via the city centre.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 28 March 1959, Middleton Woods
©1959-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.