Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds Feltham 517 (ex-554) is seen on Princes Avenue between Roundhay and Oakwood during a photo stop on an L.R.T.L. Tour. This had been Leeds 554 until 11th February 1959 when the two trams exchanged numbers.
When numbered 554, it had entered service on 30th November 1951, and the G.E.C. KB5 controllers had been replaced on 19th September 1955 by Metropolitan-Vickers OK9B ones. After withdrawal on 30th April 1959 it passed, in its 517 guise, to the Middleton Railway Preservation Society leaving Swinegate for Middleton on 26th March 1961. After being vandalised it was burnt on 20th April 1968.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 22 March 1959, Princes Avenue, Leeds
©1959-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.