Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 509 is seen at Easterly Road, Harehills on an L.R.T.L. tour of the system.
It was the only ex-London Feltham to be painted in this livery. This was basically the London livery with the addition of the cream band below the cab window. It had been repainted in London shortly before delivery and so only the two central lower panels on each side were repainted, in order to carry the Leeds Coat of Arms, in addition to the cream bands being added below the cab windows. It entered service in Leeds on 15th December 1950 and was last used on 29th December 1958, being burned in the Brown Lane, Holbeck yard of George Cohen & Son Ltd. on 23rd July 1959.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 3 June 1951, Easterly Road, Harehills
©1951-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.