Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 301 seen at the Greyhound Stadium in Elland Road on an L.R.T.L. tour was acquired from London Transport in lieu of a Feltham which had been destroyed by fire before leaving London. It had an L.C.C. body seating 38/28, built in 1931/2, on E.M.B. Heavyweight bogies and entered service in December 1951.
Last used in September 1957 it was donated to the British Transport Commission for inclusion in their museum collection, passing later to the National Tramway museum at Crich, where it still resides under its old L.C.C. Number of 1.
The greyhound stadium stop was a rarely used extension, beyond the normal terminus at the football ground.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 30 March 1952, Elland Road, Leeds
©1952-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.