SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Leeds acquired three HR/2 class trams, built in 1930, from London Transport in 1939 and 277 entered service in October 1939.
It was withdrawn in October 1956 after colliding with Horsfield 171 at Oakwood and was burned at Low Fields Road Permanent Way Yard in September 1957.
Having been repainted in December 1951 into B.E.T. red livery from the light blue used initially, it is seen here, loading via the front entrance, at the centrally situated barriers in Briggate on its way from Moortown to Lawnswood.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 6 April 1952, Briggate, Leeds

©1952-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld277b. Page and photo added January 2019
Cookie policy