Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen entering Lower Town Street, Bramley from Stanningley Road is Leeds 276 on its way to Rodley. 276 was a "Dick, Kerr" car, seating 34/22 in its body built by The Electric Railway & Tramway Carriage Works Ltd., Preston on a Brill 21E truck, and was new as an open-top car in December 1901 being fitted with a top cover in March 1905.
Maley track brakes were fitted in September 1909 and it was withdrawn in December 1931.
The building in the beckground is Bramley Tram Depot which, in January 1949 was converted into Bramley Bus Garage.
Photo taken by William Taylor (John Kaye collection), Lower Town Street, Bramley
©2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.