SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Leeds 270 was the penultimate Middleton bogie and had an English Electric body seating 40/30 on Maley & Taunton Swing Link bogies. It entered service in February 1935 and last ran in service on 1st July 1956 being burned at Low Fields Road Permanent Way Yard in December 1956.
It is seen here at the Lingwell Road terminus at Middleton of route 12, but is operating a 12 circular journey so will continue on via Belle Isle and Balm Road as it returns to the city centre.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 26 September 1954, Middleton Park Road, Leeds

©1954-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld270. Page and photo added January 2019
Cookie policy