Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

A snowy scene at Bramley Town End with Horsfield 249 about to return, by using the crossover in the roundabout, to Corn Exchange in Leeds.
The gap in the railings between the two Keep Left signs was for the track leading to Bramley tram depot, closed in January 1949. 249 was one of the production batch of 100 (155-254) which followed the four prototypes, 151-154, built by the Transport Department. 155-254 were built by Brush and, seating 37/23, were mounted on Peckham P.35 trucks.
249 was new in December 1931, last ran in service on 25th June 1955 and was burnt at Low Fields Road Permanent Way Yard in June 1956.

Photo taken by John Kaye, c.1950/1, Bramley Town End

©1951-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld249a. Page and photo added January 2019
Cookie policy