Photo © Pete Davies. Please do not re-post without permission.
Blackpool Tram 624 was new as 287 in July 1937. She is one of the Brush trams, superficially like the English Electric "Railcoaches" but with every dimension different (for example 3/8 inch radius instead of the original's 5/16 or 7/16) to avoid copyright!
Renumbered with the rest of the tram fleet in 1968, we see her at Bispham in March 1969.
To aid placing the view on the maps, we are at the top of Red Bank Road. What was then Williams Deacons Bank is in view - it became Williams & Glyns and later Royal Bank of Scotland.
Photo taken by Pete Davies, March 1969, Bispham
©1969-2019 Pete Davies All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.