Photo © Richard Delahoy. Please do not re-post without permission.
Southend Daimler CWA6 270, GYE60, started life with a Brush utility body with London Transport (numbered D71). Sold to Southend in 1954 and rebodied, it was withdrawn from passenger service in October 1963 and converted to a conductor training school (lower deck) cum uniform store (upper deck).
Latterly (not sure when!) ceased to be used for training, just a store shed. Removed to the works in May 1979 where some parts were removed to assist in the restoration of 263 and then sold for scrap.
Click here for more details from the Southend fleet list pages.
Photo taken by Richard Delahoy, Saturday 11 December 1976, SCT Garage, London Road
©1971-2017 Richard Delahoy All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.