Photo © Ken Jones. Please do not re-post without permission.
KW474, a 1927 Leyland Lion PLSC1 with Leyland B31F Body- 'Lincoln No. 1'. This vehicle entered service with Blythe and Berwick of Bradford. It later passed to the West Yorkshire Road Car Company and finally to Jersey Motor Transport in the late 1930s.
It continued in service until 1959, when JMT modernised their fleet (mainly with ex London Transport RTL type buses). Along with Lancashire United 202, this bus was rescued in 1959 by the LVVS and returned to the mainland. Before the Society acquired its own premises, these buses were stored at the (now demolished) Lincoln Corporation garage on St Marks Street. It was restored to the livery of Lincoln Corporation, whose first PLSC, VL300, was an identical vehicle, and the only one of the batch to have a forward entrance.
Photo taken by Ken Jones, Sunday 2 November 2014, near LVVS Road Transport Museum
Click here for Ken's photo gallery
©2014-2019 Ken Jones All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.