Immaculately preserved ex-Surrey Motors 36, PPF492, is a AEC Regal III 6821A fitted with a Harrington C37F half cab body, along with PPF491 one of two new in May 1951.
It is seen here at the 2003 Worthing Rally.
PPF492 was new as a 35 seater. Built to post 1950 specs of 30x8 feet, it was found to be underpowered and the 7.7 litre was replaced with a 9.6 litre in 1952. Perhaps it was then found to be more than adequately powered, because seating was increased to 37 in 1955.
Photo taken by Roy Nicholson, July 2003, Marine Parade, Worthing
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.