Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
Southend 1939 AEC/Strachans double decker 127, BHJ197, on the Western Circular.
The large building behind the bus was originally the Southend High School for Boys. When this school moved to new buildings on Prittlewell Chase in the late 1930s their old premises were taken over by the Southend Municipal College. It remained with them until demolished in 1971 as part of the changes which came with the building of the ring road. Today the site is occupied by a new cinema and a roundabout and the entrance to The Deepings is to the right of the photographer. The large shop in the left background was Dixon's store, surviving today as W.H. Smith's.
Click here for more details from the Southend fleet list pages.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, Sunday 26 September 1954, Victoria Circus, Southend
©1954-2019 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to email@example.com (quote photo ref BP016-08).