Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds bought 150 Chamberlain trams between July 1926 and May 1927 in addition to the ones which they constructed in their own works. Brush provided the bodies for 1-75 and English Electric those for 76-150 with all seating 46/26 on E.M.B. Pivotal trucks. Seen here at Lawnswood is number 60 which was fitted with a Peckham P.35 Pendulum truck replacing the Pivotal one in August 1948.
The single blind destination was fitted in January 1950 replacing the three piece one which occupied the whole of the end window space. It was withdrawn in July 1956 and burned at Lowfields Road Permanent Way Yard in November 1956.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 23 July 1955, Lawnswood, Leeds
©1955-2018 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.