Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
WN4761 was an AEC Regent with utility NCB body obtained by Canvey and Benfleet from South Wales Transport. It is seen here after takeover by Westcliff, but still in full Canvey light green and cream livery.
It did not last long enough to receive an Eastern National fleet number. Photographed in June 1951 in the yard of Westcliff's Fairfax Drive depot, probably whilst engaged on contract work.
WN4761 was new to South Wales with a Brush L25/26R body. It was withdrawn in 1938 and passed to Blythe & Berwick, Bradford in February 1939 and then to Canvey & District as their number 7 in July 1942; it was fitted with a new NCB H30/26R body in 1944 along with an oil engine.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, June 1951, Fairfax Drive Depot, Southend
©1951-2019 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to email@example.com (quote photo ref BPZ001-45).