Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
NTF9 was the only example built of the Leyland PD2/15 model. It had a pneumocyclic gearbox and, although built to the 27' length, was built as H30/26R as were the majority of the PD2/10 and PD2/12 models with Leyland bodies and NTF9 remained as such. It was built in 1951 entering use in November 1951 as a Leyland experimental vehicle and demonstrator before being sold in December 1956 to Docherty, Irvine one of the members of the A1 Service.
It continued in regular use until at least 1976 after which it entered preservation wth Docherty. It is seen here at Stevenston, on a wet day, when being used to visit other operators within the group on the occasion of the P.S.V. Circle Annual General Meeting in 1985.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 31 March 1985, Stevenston
©1985-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.