Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Central Garage (t/a Glenway), Ripponden WHL837, a Commer Avenger IV with Plaxton Embassy C41F body, supplied new by dealer Comberhill Motors of Wakefield in August 1962.
When neighbouring independent Ripponden & District ceased coach operation in 1957, they used some of their 'leaping cat' transfers on the front panels of some Albion Claymore vans (having never used them on commercials before), but then passed the rest on to Glenway for them to use, and one can be seen here on this Commer as it rests in Shibden Hall Road, opposite the top gateway to Shibden Hall, Halifax, awaiting the return of a party of school children on a visit there.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Summer 1970, Shibden Hall Road, Halifax
©1970-2019 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.