Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
Two views of Harrogate Bus Station; a typical view from the late 1950s. DX61, TWY603, is on the Leeds (36) stand; this was a Bristol LD6B with ECW H33/27RD body, new on 1 November 1957 to Leeds depot. Transferred just a year later to Harrogate, it could have been working for either depot in this photograph as duties on the 36 were shared.
It is from the first batch of Lodekkas with Cave-Brown-Cave heating; the air intakes have already been partly blanked, but later "Darvic" grilles and, even later, scoops, would reduce the visual impact.
Behind in the first photo (but obscured in the second), is DX46, RWY824, a slightly earlier Bristol LD6B/ECW H33/27RD, new to Harrogate depot on 1 July 1956 and transferred to Bradford depot on 1 December 1958. It is on service 51, the Harrogate - Bradford service via Yeadon Moor.
Behind that is a Bristol LS6G/ECW C39F coach from the CUG6-10 (LYG712-6) batch, new in 1953/4.
Bringing up the rear inthe first photo but leaving the station in the second view, is EUG52, RWW977, about to depart for Middlesbrough, though displaying "EXP" rather than the X99 service number. This was new to Harrogate on 1 July 1956 and was a Bristol LS5G with ECW DP41F body, which was later renumbered SUG52 and later still reseated to B45F as SMG52.
At the very rear in the second photo is an unidentified Bedford OB, which by this date could not have been a West Yorkshire example and would have been hired in from a local independent.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, late 1950s, Harrogate Bus Station
©2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.