Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
MWY114 was a Bristol LD6B Lodekka with ECW H33/25RD bodywork, new as West Yorkshire DX5 in May 1954.
This batch of Lodekkas had differing rear end window arrangements; DX 3-8 had the conventional larger lower deck windows, as in this example, but the balance, DX 9-13, had narrower versions, as in the photo of DX10 on this site.
It was new to Harrogate on 1 May 1954; note the original rear lighting arrangements, which were changed for rectangular units when flashing trafficators were fitted in 1961. These first Lodekkas, up to DX13, had full destination displays at front and rear; from DX14 they only had them at the front, with a 'T'display at the rear. DX5 was altered to 'T' displays at front and rear on last overhaul in 1965; it was withdrawn at the end of July 1970, passed initially to Norths, Sherburn, then unusually on to PVS, dealers, at Canvey Island, who then sold it to Whittal, contractor, Gateshead. It returned to Norths in 1976 and was no doubt then sold for scrap.
This photograph was probably taken after first overhaul, in May 1956.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, c.May 1956, West Yorkshire Grove Park depot, Harrogate
©1956-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.