Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
Harrogate Bus Station in the mid 1950s. On the left is DX4, MWY113, one of only two Bristol LD6Gs with ECW H33/25RD bodies delivered new to West Yorkshire.
New to Harrogate depot on 1 May 1954 it was transferred to Ilkley depot on 1 May 1957 and to Bradford depot on 1 October 1958 where it remained. It is on the quaintly named Penny Pot Lane (10) service.
In front is a United Automobile Bristol LS5G with ECW B45F body, either SHN771 (BU81) or SHN777 (BU87), of Ripon depot on the Harrogate-Ripon service 126 that operated alongside West Yorkshire's service 36 Harrogate-Ripon section.
In the distance are three Bristol L types, assumed to be West Yorkshire L5Gs with ECW B35R bodies in the SG series; the one on the left is an early one from the SG101-7 (EWY 417-23) batch as it has the registration plate at the bottom right hand corner and it also appears to still retain the square cornered sliding ventilators, though most of the type were rebuilt with the later type in the mid-1950s. All of SG101-7 were allocated to Harrogate at around this time.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, mid 1950s, Harrogate Bus Station
©2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.