Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
9170YG was a Bristol MW6G with ECW C39F body, new to West Yorkshire Road Car Co in April 1962 as CUG35. It was the last of a trio, all new to Harrogate on the same date, which were the first for West Yorkshire to carry the new style of ECW coach body.
It was allocated to Harrogate for only its first year, being transferred to Bradford on 1 May 1963 where it remained for most of the rest of its life, being renumbered 1075 in 1971. It returned to Harrogate for its last season, 1976, and was withdrawn at the end of September. Sold to Norths, Sherburn, in March 1977 for £476, it passed the following month to Kinross Plant & Construction, and ended its days at Parton & Allen, breaker, Carlton near Barnsley in February 1983.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, c.1962, Harrogate Stray
©1962-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.