Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
JYG745 was the second in a batch of 12 Bristol LWL6B/ECW FC35F coaches, new to West Yorkshire Road Car Co in 1951. It was numbered 667 and entered service at Harrogate on 22 March 1951, in time for Easter.
As was normal, it was delicensed for the winter on 31 October, and also ran for Harrogate during the 1952 season. Thereafter it ran from both Bradford and York in 1953 and remained at York until 1961, when it moved to Leeds. In 1962 it made a final move to Bradford, from where it was withdrawn on 31 August 1963. Renumbered CBW 2 in May 1954, it then became EBW 2 in February 1960 and SBW 2 in April 1962, and was repainted from cream into red and cream in March 1960. On withdrawal it went to Norths, dealer, Sherburn and on to Pinnington of Crook, Co. Durham. It returned to Norths in July 1965 and was resold by them to Rodgers of Redcar who ran it until May 1966. Returning to Norths once more, it was cannibalised and the engine removed for re-use, after which the remains were sold to Jackson, breaker, Bradford.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, Summer 1951, West Yorkshire Grove Park Depot, Harrogate
©1951-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.