Photo © Trevor Leach. Please do not re-post without permission.
1949U was a 1957 AEC Regent V with Roe H37/28R body, new to Exors of Samuel Ledgard.
Buses allocated to Ledgard's Yeadon depot were predominantly lowbridge, though there were exceptions, and this was on account of the railway bridge at Henshaw Lane, Yeadon. Long since demolished, as can be seen it was an arched bridge which meant that highbridge buses could pass under it, so long as the driver was concentrating on his work!
This view, taken on an enthusiasts tour soon after the takeover by West Yorkshire, shows 1949 U, by then numbered DAW 5 in the West Yorkshire fleet, still in Ledgard livery but with WY fleetnames. It was subsequently repainted into red and cream, but sadly on withdrawal although it passed to Norths at Sherburn it did not survive into preservation.
Photo taken by Trevor Leach, October 1967, Henshaw Lane, Yeadon
©1967-2018 Trevor Leach All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.